Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Sean Yates…
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

….is starting one minute behind me tomorrow in a local open 10. Not one to get start struck but Sean flippin Yates!

bikeneil
    Free Member

Who?

spacemonkey

A repeat of the Wiggo video recently doing the rounds?

wwaswas

Try not to hold him up 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

Apparently he’s got a pace maker fitted (which in itself is insane) but it stops his heart from reving above a certain level (apparently). Last 10 he did was a mid 23. I’m hoping to go quicker but haven’t done a 10 since I was 15 so I’ve only got 10 course segments within the 25s I’ve done to work off.

aP
    Free Member

What would Lance do?

qwerty
    Free Member

If he’s using an electronic heart, then you should use an electric motor.

martinhutch

Does he get to turn it up if he needs a bit of extra mean-ness?

b1gf00t
    Free Member

I beat Sean by a few seconds last week in a 10. First time that has ever happened in 35 years of trying, so anything is possible.

http://www.sussexca.org.uk/uploads/4/4/6/3/44636025/20150524_brightonmitre_multi10_resultsheets.pdf

tonyg2003

I did a Surrey league Thursday handicap about 10yrs ago and got away off the front solo, to find another rider bridging up. Yates. It was a very painful next 20mins.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Who?

Lance Armstrong’s favourite and personally chosen DS?

Photographed with LA and “motoman” the bike rider who carried the drugs?

“Retired” from Sky of his own volition due to health grounds, absolutely nothing to do with not being able to sign their non-doping declaration and timing totally coincidental with others leaving for that reason, but when recruited by Saxo Tinkoff told the press leaving Sky “left a sour taste”?

And who, as has been said, needs a pacemaker at the age of 54?

That Sean Yates?

You can choose your heroes, you know.

aracer
    Free Member

Just ask him for some of whatever he was on.

Yet another rider who used to be one of my heroes.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks like you beat him too 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Hope you beat him. Oh and all of what crashtestmonkey said

MoreCashThanDash

The guy who was a British cycling hero before it was cool, and did the same as his peers at the time?

Easy to criticise with perfect 20/20 hindsight, but he was no Lance.

Seem to remember the peloton letting him go clear when the Tour came to the south coast so he could see his family when the route went past his house.

christhetall
    Free Member

Grab hold of his shirt and pretend to be Ralf Sorensen

ernie67

Huge , great varicose veins & shorter shorts so he could get a better tan .
    I used to love him .

DaRC_L

Seem to remember the peloton letting him go clear when the Tour came to the south coast so he could see his family when the route went past his house.

Yeah that was funny, was watching it with my sister (a horse rider) who suddently got excited about her stable friend being on the road…
    she knew her husband ‘road his bike or something’

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

same as his peers

Yeah because loads of doping riders became DSs who spent years facilitating and profiting from systemic doping, then lied about why they left a subsequent job…

I don’t think all ex dopers are evil, I get the context of the time and am old enough to have followed cycling for a fair while, but like I said, you can choose your heroes.

MoreCashThanDash

Was he one of your cycling heroes at the time? He was for me.

That has now been tarnished by what has come out since, but like I said, hindsight is perfect

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Sean Yates…’ is closed to new replies.