Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sealed Gear cable kits
  • Highland28
    Free Member

What are your opinions on these, are the worth the extra money over just regular cables. Do they keep the gunk out of the outers and keep your gears shifting smoothly for longer. Just interested to know as I seem to have to tweak my cable every other week and is rather annoying.
    Cheers

Lifer
    Free Member

Been using Avid Flack jackets over the last year and a bit and haven’t touched my gears in that time, still silky smooth shifting (X-9 shifters X-7 mechs).

blades2000
    Free Member

Highly rated, 2 years on the bike no problems so far. Using gore ones

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Transfil Mudlovers are very good. I found the outer cable of flak Jackets could delaminate & push it’s way out of the ferrules.

binners

Transfil Mudlovers on one bike. Gore Ride-On’s on’t other. They’re well worth the money. Fit ’em and forget ’em. For literally years

As an idle bugger, I like that in a product 😀

mintimperial

Fitted Gore Ride-Ons in September last year after lots of shifting problems. Worn out a chain and middle ring since then, but haven’t had to touch the mechs or cables or shifters once, completely flawless.

phiiiiil

I briefly used mudlovers a while back, until the cable slowly dragged the lining into the shifter where it got all mangled up and stopped everything working. I haven’t bothered since…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sealed Gear cable kits’ is closed to new replies.