Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Seal skin socks
  • DaveE

Any tips for stopping filling up with water.

parkesie
    Free Member

Long ones up to the knee.

wwaswas

wear long trousers.

otherwise I found the water that did get in the top warmed up fairly quickly so wasn’t a major problem but if you have water running down your legs it’ll get in the top of your socks whatever design they are.

jam-bo

cut some holes in the toes?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Don’t wear them in the bath?

😉

Knee high ones or gaffer tape around the top of shorties…

bigG
    Free Member

Leave them in the drawer at home and accept that they are crap at keeping water out. Worst purchase I ever made.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

^ This

DaveE

Think I may give up on them and get some winter merino ones.

convert

Perfect for days when the water is coming from below – if the water is falling from the sky and then running down your legs they just act foot shaped buckets.

Northwind

Calf length ones work really well for me- yes sometimes I get a little water in, but only in conditions where I’d have been absolutely soaked otherwise (and at least it’s the same water, so it warms up, rather than fresh cold water every 10 seconds).

sparkerfix

Had some success with cutting the cuffs off a pair of heavy duty ( black ) marigolds and pulling them on over the top of sock cuffs. Also taped top and bottom with surgical tape as well once!

mashiehood
    Free Member

Work really well under tights!

sharkattack

I wear them under long legged DH trousers and they are my most vital bit of kit when it’s lashing down which is most of the time. I use my ancient Porelles when I’ve got shorts on as they’re much tighter at the top. As mentioned above, even when they do get wet they’re still warm.

leftyboy
    Free Member

I don’t expect them to keep water out forever especially if you’re riding through deep water BUT they do keep my feet warm even when they are full of water which is all I want from them.

aP
    Free Member

Wear some thin liner socks with them. I always had cold feet until I did this.

gt900uk
    Free Member

Wear mine with leg warmers if it’s that wet. Nice dry feet is the result!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Seal skin socks’ is closed to new replies.