Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • SDW ok at the moment?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Looking to do Winchester to Cocking & back on Saturday as part of a recce mission for a longer ride in a couple of months. I have to drive a bit to get there so want to make sure it’s not too claggy at the moment (as I’ve heard it can get nasty if wet). Assuming no rain before Sat, is that stretch ok-ish? Cheers.

DrP

You interested in doing the whole lot at some point then??
    It’s always been on my to do list – and I enjoy meeting up with folks on here, so maybe we could get a little group interested…?

As it happens, I live (not that far away) from about 55 miles in, so could even split it over 2 days with a warm shower and overnight pit stop at mine,…..!!

DrP

pedalhead
    Free Member

Sounds like that could be fun. I’m scouting the route for a possible double attempt so putting three scouting rides into my normal training plan, with the added benefit of giving me trail knowledge before the attempt.

wwaswas

was very sticky at the weekend and we had some rain yesterday.

having said that sunny with a gentle breeze today so if it dries a bit over the next few days you could be ok.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Thanks, sounds like it could go either way.

wwaswas

I was riding near Brighton but conditions tend to be fairly consistent along the length of the sdw, I think.

mattbee

QECP area was a little squidgy but better than norml for the time of year on Monday.
    SDW has been on my ‘to do’ list for the 10 years I’ve lived down South, must do it at some point…

rewski
    Free Member

Double is hardcore in one hit, assume you done it single? That’s a lot of climbing, I do Brighton – Eastbourne end a fair bit and it’s pretty full on if the wind is in your face.

cyclistm
    Free Member

yeah, wind has been pretty tough if you’re going the wrong way.

A bit slippery and pretty claggy over my way.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Apparently we have a drought at the moment…. so obviously it will be a mud fest 😉

manton69

Last night was fine at the Winchester end and it gets drier towards Cocking. The only problem seems to be that there are a lot of horses on the tracks at the moment and that has cut some of it up.

Go on you know you want to……..

pedalhead
    Free Member

yep cheers I know what I’m getting myself into with the double. cheers manton69, sounds like that stretch is ok at the moment so I’ll probably pop down on Saturday.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘SDW ok at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.