Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SDSL
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Is it good? Good deals around?

Thinking of slingbox-type applications.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Do you really need it or would ADSL suffice? You only really need / befefit from SDSL if you are uploading a lot or doing something that requires decent rate both ways (like decent video conferencing)

molgrips
    Free Member

doing something that requires decent rate both ways (like decent video conferencing)

Or uploading streaming video as above – slingboxes are devices that stream your telly out to wherever you are.

I only get 300kbps upstream currently if I am lucky.

Cletus

I doubt you will find a service for less than £99/month as SDSL providers seem to target the business market. You would be better looking at Virgin cable or VDSL (if it is available in your area) if you want something at a sensible price.

I am looking at an Echostar Freesat box which includes Slingbox functionality but am concerned about how well it would work over my ADSL – is the reason for your query that you have a Sling player and it does not work over your current broadband?

molgrips
    Free Member

You would be better looking at Virgin cable or VDSL (if it is available in your area)

I’d have it already if it was available…

I’ve tried streaming video on a similar connection and it was not good. I haven’t bought a slingbox as I would probably want to bodge it out of old computers instead, those things are not cheap.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SDSL’ is closed to new replies.