Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • SDG Ti-Fly C….As comfy as a Bel Air?
  • Potdog
    Free Member

I realise that the Ti-Fly C as probably aimed a bit more at racers than all day riders, but the Ti-Fly is a good 20 quid cheaper than the Bel Air so thought it might be worth a look. My existing Bel Air has annoyingly come loose on the rails and is probably getting towards the end of it’s life.

Anyone tried both saddles and in a position to offer an informed opinion?

daveb
    Free Member

I have had both, sold the TI Fly as I thought it was a bit hard going. I really like the Bel Air although have recently put Fizik Gobi XM’s on two of my bikes and seem to be getting on with them quite well.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I have the said Ti-Fly, Its great, much firmer & unusually more comfortable! (for me anyway!)

Potdog
    Free Member

So a potential 50 quid mistake then. Maybe stick with the Bel Air but the CroMo model to keep the cost down.

MrNutt
    Free Member

where are you based? if you don’t get on with the Ti-Fly (which is not for sale) you can buy my old (but good condition) RL?

Potdog
    Free Member

Based in Spain MrN. If you’re passing by at any point….. 😆

squin
    Free Member

My backside doesn’t like Bel-Air saddles. I normally use WTB Rocket saddles, but I bought a Ti-Fly and find it pretty goog, not quite as comfy at the WTB’s but still very good. Can you get a Ti Bel-Air mailed for a sensible price as On-One were doing them for £30 and so are quite a few other places – can’t think where, but the usual suspects that advertise in the mags.

MrNutt
    Free Member

anywhere near Madrid? if so MrsNutt is going over around the 18th, she could bring my old RL with her if you wanted a cheap and good condition Bel Air-RL?

Potdog
    Free Member

Blimey the On-One prices were good. Unfortunately they are sold out. Although Merlin have the standard RL for 20 quid which is a big saving over CRC and Wiggle (who incidentally seem to be sold out of all SDG saddles, Wiggle that is). Thanks for the heads up.

Potdog
    Free Member

To be precise I’m in the Canary Islands MrN so not very close to Madrid. Thanks for the offer though.

Vortexracing

I got the Ti fly from Merlin to replace my bel air, it seems OK on my FS but my arse was killing me for days after using it on the Cotic for two rides.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘SDG Ti-Fly C….As comfy as a Bel Air?’ is closed to new replies.