Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • SDG I-Beam any good?
  • retro83
    Free Member

Are SDG I-Beam saddles/seatposts any good?

Looks like some pretty good deals on CRC but there are quite a few negative reviews.

I’m usually doing normal cross country, with occasional jumps + more dh type stuff.

epicyclo

I like mine. The early ones are a bit solid under the rump if you do a heavy landing, but that quickly teaches you to ride properly 😀

(Easy to adjust, and nice and light too)

naokfreek
    Free Member

been running mine since last april, all good, so easy to adjust and weighs sod all, for £50 it’s a no brainer imho…

Biffer
    Free Member

Use mine for XC riding an found it very comfortable even on a rigid bike. As said before light as a feather.

Used for 12 hour race as well with no problems at all 🙂

Would definately get another one for my other bike when it needs another saddle.

ilikebikes
    Free Member

I have 4 bikes all with i-beam saddles. They are great, and I personally think they are as comfy as a railed saddle. They are light too.

the_lecht_rocks

use one on my 456 Ti……..FX saddle is super comfortable, with flex built in…great stuff imo.

retro83
    Free Member

Nice one, cheers fellas

StirlingCrispin

Check out Alpine Bike’s website.
    Got a i-beam saddle and seatpost for just £27 (half-price saddle and free seatpost).

Only done one ride on it so comment on anything other than – easy to set up and nice’n’light.

willy
    Free Member

dam you stirlingcrispin i was gonne pull that one outta the bag.. good deal though if you get one!!

retro83
    Free Member

Hmmm, can’t find that deal, it’s buy both together, get them half price.

Saves about a tenner over CRC’s already good price so not bad I suppose!

carlphillips
    Free Member

i like mine had it for ages now

nasher
    Free Member

look at the sdg seat post failure below

naokfreek
    Free Member

Well yeh, but i’ve snapped two normal seat posts and snapped solid cromo rails…i’m a little over 9 stone.

guitarhero
    Free Member

been using these for the last few years without any problem. Recommended

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘SDG I-Beam any good?’ is closed to new replies.