Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • SD cards for travelling (and good deals)?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

OK, bit of a stupid question, but whatever.

Thoughts on one large (32 or 64 gb) SD card vs a fewer smaller (4, 8, or 16gb) cards for use when travelling?

One card- less hassle, less chance of loosing a card. Multiple cards; if one gets corrupt/lost somehow, not all data is lost..

And while we’re on it, any good deals for SD cards around at the moment? Want a decent speed, as will be used with my GoPro2.

Ta, Duane.

bigjim

I had one of 7dayshop’s own brand SD cards die on me after a few uses, managed to get most of the files off it but it is proper deid now, so would advise agaisnt them, even though they are cheep.

GrahamS

I usually buy from here: http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC

(I tend to use Class 10 Sandisk for my video camera)

trail_rat
    Free Member

i bought several sandisk 2gbs – 10 i think from 7dayshop

i went for many small ones as it was significantly cheaper than 1 big one and regularly backed up to picasa

lost a couple of cards at one point but had full backup on line so wasnt that bothered

GrahamS

£34 on mymemory.

I think the Extreme SanDisk card come with a RescuePro license (certainly used to) but I’ve not had one fail on me yet. I have had cheaper cards die though.

kayak23

Thoughts on one large (32 or 64 gb) SD card

nickjb
    Free Member

Have you got means of creating a back-up? Recently back from a 3 month trip and I’d be horified to lose all my pics. I certainly wouldn’t use one big card if I had no way of copying it. Take several samll cards so if the camera gets nicked/dropped in the sea you’ve still got the older pics, or better yet take a netbook so you can do the filtering and editting on the go and copy them to a stick and email the best ones home.

ElShalimo

play.com

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Transcend – cheaper and good quality

tonyplym
    Free Member

Samsung “Extreme” cards are claimed to be waterproof, so should hopefully cope well with the roughest handling in the worst of conditions. I rely on several 16Gb cards, and store them in a Pelicase like this to keep them safe and sound.

Duane…
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

Is it safe to buy cards off Amazon- much chance of them being restickered cheapies?

cynic-al
    Free Member

hotukdeals.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘SD cards for travelling (and good deals)?’ is closed to new replies.