Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Screwfix shorts….
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

Following a lot of dissapointment with Endura / Altura / Fox shorts, thinking back to the past, all the rad sk8r doods wore dickies as they were more hard wearing than other stuff, I wondered whether the same could be applied to find some cheap shorts for riding in.
    Seen these for £15 and these for £13.
    Reckon I might pick a pair up and have a look, as long as there’s no seams that are going to rub I reckon they’ll be fine for a spot of riding….
    Anyone else worn something similar?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I guess 1 problem will be the waistband won’t be bike-specific, so expect a draughty builder’s bum, which ovbiously isn’t a problem for sk8er, jumpy crowd with their keks halfway to their knees.

antigee

i’ve got a pair not ridden in them though – like the zipped pockets (not a fetish) just been and looked pretty hefty seams in places that will see bike action

mrjmt
    Free Member

antigee, is it the dickies you have?

Are the seams in places that will be a problem even with a padded liner?

thepodge
    Free Member

Most of my riding shorts aren’t riding shorts, they are just cheap ones. Swimming shorts are good as they don’t hold water

antigee

antigee, is it the dickies you have?

Are the seams in places that will be a problem even with a padded liner?

no screwfix own brand – bought last summer so i guess may have changed since – big seam straight down middle and 2 thick parallel seams 4cm or so out from centre up your butt – not a bike friendly place i would have thought even with a liner depending on mtfu factor and distance riden – but at price worth a poke – good for gardening and looking like you do some real man work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Screwfix shorts….’ is closed to new replies.