Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • scrap value for a car
  • emma82
    Free Member

Renault clio 1999. No idea how scrap works – presume it’s weight though as I know someone who stuck a breeze block in a few places before they took their car in. Any one know how much I might get for a car at the mo? Is it weight or are they stripped for parts so type of car would make a difference?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Should be around £150 at the moment I reckon. Call your local scrappy.

grantway
    Free Member

Around £ 180.00p depending on the size of your car

emma82
    Free Member

cheers chaps. I’ll give them a ring tomorrow. Someone has offered £300 for it but means I wont get the tax back on it, only taxed/MOT’d the thing 2 weeks ago but it’s falling apart and we’ve been offered a bargin to pick up Friday so I just need rid at the mo. 🙂

steffybhoy
    Free Member

Take the tax disc, and lower the price by £50 to the buyer.

toby1

Sell it on ebay and it’ll probably go for more – just be honest in the description, I was with an old 206, made £600 back on it.

emma82
    Free Member

Zed wins! £120 scrap being collected tomorrow. Bargin. Don’t think I’d have got much on eBay, its a complete shed an tbf we’ve had so many problems selling on eBay in the last two years I don’t think we’ll ever touch it again! Got quoted £60 from one of those interNet companies, they are a massive skank.

Lifer
    Free Member

Got £140 for scrapping my Mk1 Mondeo after haggling. 8)

iDave
    Free Member

put some sand bags in the boot and under the seats, fill the tyres with water, then go to the scrappy.

b1galus
    Free Member

don’t bother with the sandbags etc most scrappies have seen all those tricks and just give a fixed price for a car now

totalshell

paying 160 a tonne in rochdale this morning.. so for a clio that d be around 180 delivered to a town centre site

Edric64
    Free Member

Metal recyclers will put it on the weighbridge and pay accordingly.got 135 for an Astra in March 335 for a Master van in July

emma82
    Free Member

Yeah was mostly fixed prices with most places, I rang 4 in the end before someone gave me this chap. The bloke that had it in the end came and had a look at it this evening, there are some new bits he can strip off for parts other than that a clio is only a little car apparently so doesn’t really get much anyhow. Most of that car is plastic I reckon. I lent on the side panel a couple of months ago and it buckled. No – Im not a whale, it was the crappy plastic panel 😯

benjamins11
    Free Member

I took a catalytic converter to a metal recyclers from my wifes polo I had just replaced yesterday. They gave me £45 quid for it, and I was previously going to throw it away – so I say break it yourself for spares and sell em on ebay!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘scrap value for a car’ is closed to new replies.