Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scout Moor Wind Turbines…
  • ExRoadie
    Free Member

Hi,
    Is it possible to (legally) ride up to the wind turbines on Scout Moor. If so what route should I take? I'd be coming up to Edenfield from Ramsbottom.
    I've always wanted to see the turbines up close. 🙂

stumpyjon

Technically I don't think there is from that side. You can legally get fairly close from the bridleway through Ding Quarry which splits from Roolry moor road. I've come up the the Rossendale way a few times from your side, it is footpath but on the ground it is a wide track which takes you up onto the access roads. Worth going up as they are massive, much bigger than normal turbines.

If you fancy a fright, stand infront of one of them under the turbine blades facing the blades as they come towards you. Get in position without looking up, then look up, if you don't involuntarily duck you're a braver man than me.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

you can go up fecit brow [ the coal road ] from the a680 road turn right when you get to the top – takes you right past turbines + onto moor then either left to cragg quarry or right to ding

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

sorry should have said you can go up the concrete road from the back of the waterboard which you get to via gincroft lane

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

If you are desperate to see turbines close up why not go to Cant Clough/Bent's Pasture. You can legally ride right under them there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Scout Moor Wind Turbines…’ is closed to new replies.