Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Scouselandshire
  • iDave
    Free Member

I went to Liverpool yesterday.

Apart from the sheets of rain, it wasn’t too bad. In fact, the bits I saw were quite pleasant.

Klunk
    Free Member

have you checked to see if your car still has its wheels ?

ton

middle aged scouse ladies are very nice indeed.

timc
    Free Member

Liverpool is great, far nicer than many grotty towns that the scouse hater’s live in :-p

Where did you go Dave?

jon1973
    Free Member

have you checked to see if your car still has its wheels ?

they do though don’t they though

matt_outandabout

*shudders at the memory of 4 years living in Toxteth as a student*

postierich
    Free Member

The blue half of Liverpool is great as long as you are deaf!!!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I led a ride from Liverpool today – 20 scousers, all lovely people 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

i like it when I go to visit it as well. I have only been round the Albert dock area though really.

loddrik
    Free Member

*shudders at the memory of 4 years living in Toxteth as a student*

Was bought up in Toxteth, there are worse places in Liverpool I assure you.

Liverpool is, as I have said many times, a good deal better than the media stereotypes would have you believe. And funnily enough, when people go and experience it for themselves, they too can vouch for this.

uplink
    Free Member

I like Liverpool – it’s different

I used to get there every couple of weeks or so when I was a field tech, not much now though
    was there last week for a rather nice japanese meal and drinks in the surrounding pubs with a customer

voodoo_chile

Liverpool not as bad as they say ….I am in the middle of it all every day if you know what i mean

project
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    i like it when I go to visit it as well. I have only been round the Albert dock area though really.

Posted 26 minutes ago # Report-Post

Surounded by water, and high fences its dificult to get out.

Went round the new museum last week, lovely building, and some good exhibits, but painting it white inside, it looks so dirty now, 3 months after opening.

Garry_Lager

Centre is night and day from when I used to go there 20 years back. It was great for a night out then but it’s a lot smarter overall now. Still an enormous amount of work to do around the periphery though – the north end in particular seems as run down as ever on my occasional trips to the match. Like a lot of old ports in the UK, there seems to be confusion as how to best integrate the waterfront with the living city.

Kensington should have a preservation order of some sort slapped on it, or at least looked at for a theme park – reminiscent of a zombie apocalypse film.

iDave
    Free Member

I went to the Tate for the Magritte exhibition, think I spotted CFH

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

I like Liverpool and the people who live there have got a cracking sense of humour.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Liverpool gets slagged off but everyone I know like’s the place,I’m in west lancs & having Liverpool on the doorstep is one of the plus points for living here!

voodoo_chile

Some areas do need work as other cities ..really is ever evolving once you get one area good the others suffer and vice versa still cannot believe the amount of people who litter and think it is okay …makes my blood boil

Klunk
    Free Member

when people go and experience it for themselves, they too can vouch for this.

all i can vouch for are thieving pikeys

project
    Free Member

Lady Gresley – Member
    I led a ride from Liverpool today – 20 scousers, all lovely people

Posted 1 hour ago # Report-Post

Shoplifting trip then.

voodoo_chile

project , never heard that before !

matt_outandabout

meh, ‘pool wasn’t that bad actually, I may need to to reconsider my first statement.

camo16
    Free Member

I married a scouser and I’ve lived here 10 years. There’s loads of worse places. I’ve been to many of them, including Derby. (Sorry to people who live in Derby.) Delamere’s really close and the waterfront is pretty cool.

People here don’t, in my experience, steal your wheels.

8)

Garry_Lager

Liverpool is pish for mountain biking tbf camo. You’re an hour and a half from loads of top places, which I guess is good. But doorstep, 20 mins away stuff is really weak. Road scene is very strong though.

camo16
    Free Member

Fair enough. Getting to a decent MTB spot does take a while… but we have roads up here and, so far, scousers haven’t tried to nick them either. 🙂

speckledbob
    Free Member

This is where I grew up, and i’ve still got the accent to prove it. All I ever hear from people who’ve been there is good things. It mostly seems to be people who haven’t been who say bad stuff.

project
    Free Member

The free museums, liverpool one shopping centre,the Waterfront, a new Evans cycle shop, due to open soon, the Leeds Liverpool canal, the cheap buses and trains, the Mersey Ferries,bikes travel free on the trains and ferries,The Wirral just over the water, the Mersey Tunnels(3) if you like engineering, the tram in Birkenhead, and the transport museum,the night life in Liverpool, and lots more.

Oh and they do have a sence of humour.

Klunk
    Free Member

laughing after everything you say does not constitute a sense of humour 🙄

project
    Free Member

LOL LOL LOL

timc
    Free Member

Klunk – Member
    laughing after everything you say does not constitute a sense of humour

Tell us of your horror experience in Liverpool then that makes you not like the locals?

binners

timc
    Free Member

ROFLMAO @ Binners

loddrik
    Free Member

all i can vouch for are thieving pikeys

Looks like Lanesra’s back then….

As for ‘pikeys’, Liverpool probably has less travellers than most other areas of the UK, but then I guess you use the term to describe everyone you don’t like.

Reading the thread, it is evident that Klunk is repeatedly plugging away with crap stereotypes that may go down well in, say, a Berkshire pub, but are painfully tired and unfunny …. 🙄

TimC +1

Junkyard
    Free Member

like women in sport 😉
    Project my kids loved that tram and museum – kept me at a model railway for about 2 hours – the things we parents do.

voodoo_chile

Klunk , finger on the pulse again eh, stereotypes are created so sheep can have their minds made up for them !! i have worked in places in the UK well worse than my hometown of Liverpool
    Which town or city shall I start on first

Sheeple !

timc
    Free Member

my bet is klunk won’t say his experience or where he lives.

nibby
    Free Member

iDave – Member

I went to Liverpool yesterday.

Apart from the sheets of rain, it wasn’t too bad. In fact, the bits I saw were quite pleasant.
    😯

What were you expecting? people living in poverty? lots of boarded up windows and run down housing? Yes it’s all in Liverpool but then again it’s probably in every big city in the UK and Europe.

You probably got lucky and visited when it was raining which probably stopped the ignorant scouse people from the usual robbing and aggressive behaviour.

kimbers

mixed experiences of the pool
    my missus is from there and had some mates at uni there too
    some amazing nights out- scousers are a friendly bunch and everyone really is a comedian
    the city has improved massively since i first visited, looking past all the beatles tat the cultural side of things is awesome
    however there does seem to be a certain scouse mentality, im not saying victim culture! more like the idea that its ok to screw over ‘the man’ or in some cases your mates to get what you deserve.
    also have a mate whos a copper on merseyside and hes not got much good to say about certain elements of his hometown

iDave
    Free Member

nibby, it’s a very long time since I’d been to the city centre. hence was pleasantly surprised.

timc
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    however there does seem to be a certain scouse mentality, im not saying victim culture! more like the idea that its ok to screw over ‘the man’ or in some cases your mates to get what you deserve.

Wtf? this is not a ‘scouse’ mentality, these people exist everywhere..

kimbers – Member
    also have a mate whos a copper on merseyside and hes not got much good to say about certain elements of his hometown

Again, This will be the same in all UK cities, no denying there are bad parts of liverpool, but to think its any different to any other Uk city would be strange to say the least.

pretty ignorant post really, do you not think?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Scouselandshire’ is closed to new replies.