Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Scottish Single Speed Championships (SSSC2010) Results
  • epicyclo

SSSC2010 26-27 June 2010 Results:

Open:
    F – 1st Jac Marquis, 12 laps
    M – 1st Gordon Bathgate, 17 laps

Age Category 35/39:
    1st Phil Eastoe, 14 laps
    2nd Andy Laing, 13 laps
    3rd Klaus Schlesiger, 9 laps

Age Category 40/44:
    1st Alan Kelly, 11 laps
    2nd Stephen Smith, 7 laps
    3rd Craig Ireland, 1 lap

Age Category 45+:
    1st Brian MacLeod, 8 laps

Well done everyone! 12 hours on a singlespeed without beer is a serious effort 🙂

Jac also was overall female winner – brilliant effort – single speed women rule!

HTTP404
    Free Member

3rd Craig Ireland, 1 lap

??

epicyclo

He came and raced. Good on him.

allankelly

I won!??! Wow. Am I now Scottish Veteran SingleSpeed Champion 2010? Can I wear rainbow stripes, quit my job and get a big fat sponsorship deal like Steve Peat?

😉

What a blast, thanks for making that happen Brian. And congratulations to you too!

Cheers, al.

devs
    Free Member

Was this advertised? I would prob have given it a shot. I'm sure I could complete a few laps before hitting the beer.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Damn – I could have been a contender (for 3rd) in that 40/44 category!

allankelly

Here's the link back to the other thread. Brian says the event isn't breaking even. I think it was the best event I've done, and I REALLY hope it happens again next year.
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/strathpuffer-lite-results

al.

epicyclo

allankelly – Member
    … Am I now Scottish Veteran SingleSpeed Champion 2010? Can I wear rainbow stripes, quit my job and get a big fat sponsorship deal like Steve Peat?

Of course, but blue and white stripes please. You'll have to design your own jersey though 🙂

DeVs – Member
    Was this advertised? I would prob have given it a shot…

The low budget nature of the event means it's not going to get mentioned in the cycling press because there's no advertising revenue in it for them (which is fair enough). The organisers of the 'Puffer Lite took quite a big hit on running it this year, so we are going to try to get some more community involvement to ensure it goes ahead next year. (The SSSC runs as a category within the 'Puffer Lite)

If the summer 'Puffer is not continued, we'll switch the SSSC to the winter 'Puffer – even better, 24 hours in subzero, now that wouldn't that be a championship worth winning? 🙂

Why not put it in your calendar for next year and make sure you bring a few mates too?

Send an email to adminATscottishsinglespeedchampionshipDOTcom so we have your name and can let you know.

There is never going to be a huge advertising campaign for it – we don't have that sort of money.

epicsteve – Member
    Damn – I could have been a contender (for 3rd) in that 40/44 category!

If you don't race, you don't place. 🙂

allankelly

Hi Brian, No advertising, but what about getting STW to attend? Free promotion via Facebook, here, other forums. I can setup a promotional website no bother – let's have a think.
    I just checked and strathpufferlite.co.uk, .com, .org, .info etc are all available.

Cheers, al.

a11y

12hrs on a singlespeed sounds a bit 'core for me, but I would've perhaps considered it if I'd known. Especially since I didn't make it to SSEC and won't make SSUK this year either 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

i tried to give away my entry on here last week and the week before – thats give away not sell !

i entered before i booked the time off and got posted abroad for the week 🙁

qwerty
    Free Member

counting of laps does not accurately gauge how much beer was actually drunk, however identifying sex may be helpful 😉

NewRetroTom

Well done Jac! Superb effort!

devs
    Free Member

Ah, now I know of the Puffer Lite but didn't realise the SSSC was a sub category. Now that I do I will do my damnedest to take part next year. It's only 80 mins away from here. I'm aiming for 2nd in the 45+ cat. Took my SS out for the first time in months yesterday. It wasn't pretty, you definitely lose the form if you go away for a while.

epicyclo

DeVs – Member
    Ah, now I know of the Puffer Lite but didn't realise the SSSC was a sub category…

We always try to do something single speedy at all the 'Puffers to make it worth going in them as a SS.

I have started a FaceBook group "Scottish Single Speed Championships". There will be nothing much happening on it, but if you join, then when there's any news it will come to you automatically.

Or send an email to adminATscottishsinglespeedchampionshipDOTcom.

I do stick up info on this site, but it can disappear 4 pages down in no time.

Since we lost the MTB Scotland site we rely a lot on word of mouth, so spread the word.

BTW aim for 1st in the 45+ category.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Scottish Single Speed Championships (SSSC2010) Results’ is closed to new replies.