Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Scottish Power
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Bandits have estimated my annual usage for the next year at DOUBLE last year’s usage.

Have complained, but are all utilities a shower of ****s?

turin
    Free Member

pretty much, especially as there is no real choice.

Double sounds harsh tho

teef
    Free Member

Don’t pay by direct debit then – pay when the bill arrives. Hang on – you’re paying by direct debit to save money…

mactheknife

Strangely mine has’nt gone up in 5 years.

I spoke to them recently and gave them a reading from both gas and electric. Yep. No extra charges yipppeeee

Tho its more down to me being an anal **** and turning everything off behind the misses and boy!

Drac

I’ve had over £400 in rebates of them this year.

BoardinBob

We paid a fixed monthly direct debit of £69 to Scottish Power and we’re always in credit even after meters have been read yet they wrote last month saying they were putting our monthly payment up to £80 😆

druidh
    Free Member

Just call them and say you think it’s too high and they’ll re-calculate accordingly. I usually have to complain because they estimate it too low.

br
    Free Member

Been with them for years, no issues except when they left us on a low tarriff for 2 years after it had finished 😆

New DD still at the same rate.

I do though send in my meter readings when asked.

Alek
    Free Member

I missed the reading for the first time and hey presto my DD went up by £10.00 😡

Hopefully I’ll be in line for a rebate as per usual again this time next year.

But to date not had any issues………….

white101

always sent them my meter readings on time, paid by DD for 5 years, each year up went the DD’s from £70 – £126 so I decided to leave them and go elsewhere when they said they couldnt give me anything better.
    I was sent 2 letters telling me I was a total of £99 in credit and I didnt have to do anything they would refund my money, now 3 months later I’m still waiting for the money. However they do ring me every month asking me to come back.

Macavity
    Free Member

Scottish Power a fine Spanish company.

djglover
    Free Member

Are you paying off some because you underpaid last year or are they really that rubbish.

Maybe they are factoring in a price hike that they haven’t made yet, although I doubt that..

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m actually in credit at the moment.

Every quarter they ramp it up and I have to complain.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I had to call them to put my dual fuel DD back up after they edited it down from £60 a month to £50 a month.

hels
    Free Member

Cynical isn’t it ?

They intentionally overcharge on DDs, which is a huge interest free loan to them, which no doubt they invest somewhere.

Mine went down heaps when they installed a new meter, not sure if it is because the guy winked at me on his way out, or the last one was faulty. Decided to let sleeping dogs lie.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I suspected that something was up when we got a letter last month…

Last year I upped the DD payments by a few pounds to cover the estimated use. Now every year in winter I end owing them a few pounds and every year in summer they end up owing me a few pounds. So I just leave it as it is as it all balances out.

However, last month I get a letter stating that I need to double my payments!

I’m ignoring it for now as I’m not in the UK at the moment but I suspected they are just trying to get more cash in their accounts – they amount of interest they stand to make by this underhand tactic is pretty huge….

I’d have thought it would be fraudulent behaviour but the utility companies seem to be able to get away with pretty much anything…..

hels
    Free Member

All kinds of sinister behavior. I am getting hounded by them at the moment claiming my landlord has signed up to some kind of service agreement and they need to do an inspection/review and if they don’t then I don’t know, perhaps the house will explode.

Only he hasn’t, and it is from a different supplier. Tempted to make an appointment to waste their time, if it wouldn’t waste mine too.

More sophisticated, but still foot in the door sales tactics !

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Door to door seller tried to get me to sign up last week as the local power station is run by Scottish Power, therefore they can offer cheaper electricity!

Been with them for power in the past, not particularly cheap, ended up in a similar position as the OP with a massive overpay, and in the end I had to go through some basic maths over the phone with one of their UK call centre operatives to get a decent monthly direct debit payment – imagine discussing using £600 gas in a year, now divide by 12, thats right, thats where we’ll start with my monthly payment….”

coffeeking
    Free Member

Only he hasn’t, and it is from a different supplier. Tempted to make an appointment to waste their time, if it wouldn’t waste mine too.

I’ve just recently had letters telling me I need a 2 year safety check on my meter. I made an appointment but due to unforseen circumstances I’ve missed it. It’s with my supplier though, however I know from the last one we had at the last flat they just turn up, read the meter and walk off, it’s no safety check.

cynic-al
    Free Member

They intentionally overcharge on DDs, which is a huge interest free loan to them, which no doubt they invest somewhere.

I am told I get £1 back for every £33 they have of mine above £100. Funnily enough I have a bank for that stuff!

cynic-al
    Free Member

update…monthly payment reduced by over 50%

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Scottish Power’ is closed to new replies.