Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Scottish mountain Odyssey
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

Kbrembo, It was the bike i recognised. Met you a couple of times at Golspie (Black VW golf and SC Heckler) Passed your car the other day at the retail park in Ness.
    Some cracking pics here, torridon is a must for me once the snow has buggered off

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

When you thinking of going to Torridin Rob? Considering a trip there myself this year. Done the Liathach loop and the Coulags/Achnashellach round, what else should I look at?

robgarrioch

I’ll be up a couple of times this year Steve, home’s just round the other end of Loch Torridon. May or may not have time to have a ride round now mini-me’s on the scene… TBH I aint as familiar with the area as I should be 😳 so hoping to explore a bit; might see if any of the gang are free nearer the time 🙂 . Where’s The Path? and Geograph work well together as planning aids.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Me & matey have got 24th March pencilled in for Torridon, thats plan A. (We also have plans B & C for weather purposes as we do not intend to drive from North Yorkshire to Torridon to ride in pi$$y wet weather with no views.)
    It’ll rain won’t it?

robgarrioch

Probably, but how long & how strong? Could be stunning Spring weather; certainly take kit for any possibility (except desert style heat!) + navigation aids… Think I’ll be up home (near Gairloch) the week before that, if I remember I’ll post back the ground conditions (which has little bearing on 7 hrs later, never mind days!)

messiah
    Free Member

March and April can be the best of the year… as soon as the schools and university exams finish the weather goes to poop.

The problem with March and April can be the snow at high level… which leads to it’s own challanges though… 😉

Sanny
    Free Member

Messiah

Where do you host your pics? Some crackers there! Is that MacDui on the snow?

Found out where Eagles Coire is. Another trip up north beckons!

Out of interest, has anyone ridden off Cairngorm on the path marked on the map that pops out beside Lochan Uaine or is it a work if fiction?

Also, has anyone dropped down to Corrour bothy from the Braeriach side? Wondering if a loop of Glenmore – Braeriach – Corrour -Glen Derry would be doable?

Cheers

messiah
    Free Member

Sanny – YGM

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Sanny that loop would have two issues IIRC from walking Cairn Toul from Corrour Bothy a few years ago. The whole of the Cairn Toul summit area is a massive boulder field that’s not pleasant for walking with poles let alone with a bike on your back. I was not MTB’ing back then so didn’t have my bike eyes on, but I reckon at least the top half of the path down to the bothy from the ridge would be unrideable

messiah
    Free Member

I have some cracking mountain route’s I like to get done each year – I currently struggle to get these “classics” and variations done never mind exploring for new trails.

I often see trails like that to Corrour and wonder what like… but it would be the best part of a days walking to ride a very short and steep section, with a hell walkout through the Larig Gruh to finish off. I’d class that in the “not worth the bother” pile and go spend my precious mountain day riding something I know is going to be awesome.

You may think otherwise and I may very well be wrong… so if it’s good let me know 😆

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Both pics look like the snowfields above Coire Sputan Dearg descending to Creag Eatchachan.

Coire Odhar down to Corrour you might manage 500m but getting there from Braeriach is a world of pain – exactly as CM describes.

swavis

Some great photo’s there folks.
    I can’t wait until the weather warms up and the high snowfields shift. Carn Ban Mor on the big bike is one I’d like to do this year and I’d also like to get over to Torridon again, it’s truley stunning!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

robgarrioch, that would be VERY helpful if you do remember. I’ll give you a shout on here to remind you. Meanwhile…..A feeling of isolation, Meanach Bothy with Luibeilt beyond.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Scottish mountain Odyssey’ is closed to new replies.