Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Scottish Midge question?
  • FOG

Heading to Scotlands west coast for a road trip starting 9th june, have we left it too late, will the midge season be in full flow or will we be lucky?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Hopefully we will actually be into summer by then so you will have the opportunity of experiencing Culicoides Impunctatus to the full although possibly not quite as bad as later in the summer

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

I do not know about the rest of Scotland but Galloway has been very midge free because the frost is keeping them down ,so keep your fingers crossed for more freezing nights and windy days

iainc

they were out in force at Mugdock on Wed night 👿 midge season well and truly open now

passtherizla
    Free Member

Mum and Dad in Oban report that they are already out in full force…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Not seen a midge yet, but it is still winter in the west of scotland.

iainc

but it is still winter in the west of scotland

indeed it is – we were sadly surprised to see how many were in evidence on Wed night – temp was only around 10 deg and there were swarms everywhere.

Gary_M
    Free Member

temp was only around 10 deg

Aye Wednesday eveing was quite warm ;). Didn’t see/feel any midges on the ride home though but my route isn’t usually plagued by them.

iainc

aye, Eaglesham Moor too high for them ! does your commute take you towards the Merc garage up near Dales ? I wok at the Citypoint building beside Response and have seen a green Jake a few mornings when I turn into Tyndrum St (in car)

barrymccull
    Free Member

Get Skin So Soft from Avon (not bike/outodoors shops who rip you off) and you’ll be fine.

druidh
    Free Member

Smidge is teh new S-S-S.

Seems to work really well and will actually keep them off you rather than drown them on contact (pus you don’t smell like an old lady).

airbus387
    Free Member

Hi Fog all you need is what the lads b4 me were saying buy avon skin so soft.Thats what we use up here.Or just dont wash from now until you return from your trip that will keep them away,Only jokeing there.

cheers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Scottish Midge question?’ is closed to new replies.