Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scottish honeymoon – route suggestions please
  • alfabus
    Free Member

Right… Getting married in 3 weeks, then off up to scotchland for 2 weeks biking.

Accomodation is all booked, now I need to plan what we're going to ride and what we're going to see on rest days.

Itinerary is:
    Edinburgh (couple of nights b&b) – might not make it out 😉
    Innerleithen (3 nights b&b)
    aviemore (2 nights b&b)
    gairloch (5 nights in a cottage)

This'll be my first stanes visit, and I want to do lots of natural stuff too. What shouldn't we miss?

Can anyone point me to some suggested routes – maps or topos would be good. I'll buy OS maps, but not sure which ones would be the best to go for.

Oh, and I am aware that I'm a lucky bastard 🙂

Dave

iainc

alfabus – for natural stuff there are some great books with routes in them – 'Scotland Mountain Biking – the wild trails' etc. If it was me, I'd do GT and Inners trail centres when in the area, then Rothiemurchus/Burma rd etc when in Aviemore, then pick off a few weather dependant routes in the NW.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Obviously Glentress and Innerleithan while yo are there – and gypsy Glen is a good natural route – google for guides

avimore – there is a loop up to do the northernmost section of the lairig Grhu – go south on the LRT past rothimurchus lodge.

Carn Ban Mor from Glen Feshie is not too far away

alfabus
    Free Member

bump for work-shy daytime crowd (which includes me)

Dave

Elsa
    Free Member

Congratulations Dave (and Lou!).

Laggan is good.

alfabus
    Free Member

Cheers Elsa 🙂 it's getting scarily close now!

Dave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Scottish honeymoon – route suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.