Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scott Warranty
  • neville
    Free Member

B*****ks!

I’ve just found a crack in my Scott Scale 29er Frame. Does anybody have any experience of Scott’s warranty scheme?

Cheers

Bregante

Not personally but a mate snapped a ransom frame a few years back and got himself a nice carbon upgrade for his trouble. He bought it online so took it to a local Scott dealer (poss Thatto Cycles) and had a new frame within a week or so.

Good luck.

frogstomp

Just out of interest (I have a Scale 29r too) whereabouts is the crack – seat/chainstays? Is it the carbon or aluminium frame?

Rorschach
    Free Member

They’ve had a lot of practice with ransoms 😉

flatback
    Free Member

i had a 11 month carbon model develop a crack a few years ago, got a new one no probs
    but when a 2 and half year old one cracked.. because i had not had it serviced at a scott dealership annually!! the 5 year warranty was not covered

BrickMan

Normally Scott are spot on, and very quick. Never heard of having to be serviced at a Scott centre befire.,unless its relating to a shock issue?

pdw
    Free Member

It should be a 5 year warranty if serviced annually at a Scott centre, and 3 year otherwise (excluding Gambler, Voltage Fr and Volt-X) according to http://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/support/warranty/

I’ll be finding out soon enough, as I’ve found a crack in my 2 year and 10 month old Genius…

RocketTom
    Free Member

Scott were excellent when I cracked my Spark, albeit I believe there may have been a known issue with them.

pdw
    Free Member

I’ll be finding out soon enough, as I’ve found a crack in my 2 year and 10 month old Genius…

A few emails and one week later and I have a nice new swingarm in my hand. Sorted very quickly and easily by Leisure Lakes.

coopersport1
    Free Member

I had a problem with the BB shell on my Scale 29er carbon frame, the BB was no longer press fit more push in by hand fit and it started to spin in the shell. Apparently an issue that affected a few of the very 1st frames
    New frame within a week! Friend also had the same issue and came away with an RC frame as they had no others in his size left!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Scott Warranty’ is closed to new replies.