Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Scott Scale RC Front mech for 2×9 question.
  • specialknees
    Free Member

Sorry if its been asked but search didnt show anything. I have a Scott Scale RC 2008. Im going 2×9 with one of those cheap FRM On-One jobbies.
    Question is I have a XTR E-Type FD and want to get rid of it, probably will work with 2×9 but it weighs a ton and is pretty worn out.
    So thought a road type FD would fit the bill, Dura Ace or something but seat tube around that area is about 38mm Dia. Someone suggested a band clamp and bolt on type FD but means nothing to me.

Any Ideas?

rexated
    Free Member

I’ve an xx double which i’m selling as moving from last year’s scale to one of those fancy 29er things that has a different seat-tube diameter…it’s not had much use, so drop me a line if you’re interested…..

specialknees
    Free Member

Hi rexated.
    So that FD would do the trick would it? I assume its top-pul?

How much you looking for.

rexated
    Free Member

i’d have thought it would be the one you need – i ran it with xx crankset, which has the 2 rings in the granny and middle position, so if the frm is the same then you’d be good to go (9 vs 10 speed makes no odds for a front mech).

it is the top pull, high clamp version – you need the high clamp to avoid fouling the bottle cage bolts on the scale. I’ve (finally – after an hour’s searching!) found the box it came in…CRC are doing them with 25% off for £80 – mine is pretty much new, you could have it for £50 posted.

it weighs 110g 😀

you might be able to find a dura ace that fits the bill of 38mm clamping as the scott addict roadbike also used the fatter seattube scott favour IIRC.

anyway, stephenroundhill AT hotmail DOT coDOT uk if you’re interested in the xx.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Scott Scale RC Front mech for 2×9 question.’ is closed to new replies.