Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • scott scale (advice please)
  • adey205
    Free Member

looking at bying a hardtail for my local blasts round clumber park, route is mostly fire roads/cycle route. looking at spending around £700 and quite like the scale 60.
    any opinions/feedback etc would be appreciated as well as alternatives

alpin
    Free Member

i had the scale 50 a few (2?) years back.

very quick steering and stiff/quick on the rear. manitou fork it came with was pants. the components, looking back, weren’t all that spectacular. deore brakes & mech, front LX mech.

ended up sliding down a muuddy hill in the wet. forget exactly what happened but my front wheel was buggered. got to the bottom of hill, handed bike over a fence to matey and he said “wooha” in response to the half-folded top tube.

i’m not fat, nor were we riding fast. bought a steel frame after that. it’s been involved in much bigger spills than that and comes out looking fine. frame is livelier too despite being of similar geometry.

i wouldn’t buy one based on my experience.

thomthumb
    Free Member

racey geometery – if thats what your after it’s not a bad bike.

Loads of my mates have them – pretty popular.

njee20
    Free Member

They do have incredibly thin walled tubing, not one if you’re a ‘heavy’ rider!

flatback
    Free Member

i have a carbon scale its great and when i had a problem scott was excellent with back up

alpin
    Free Member

they told me no. frame was 13 months young. they said it wasn’t a fault of their work. just wrong frame choice on my part then….

Earl
    Free Member

Love love mine. Fame feels supurb for the kind of thing you describe. Walls ae thin though though it handles my clumsy 14st.

adey205
    Free Member

it would appear rider weight would be an issue here.
    i am nearer the 17st mark, although i dont ride heavy, so alternatives would be helpful 🙂

peachos
    Free Member

mate’s got a scale 50 for sale if you’re still interested. asking for around £550 and it’s hardly been used. think it’s an 08 and has Easton Bar/stem/seatpost, XT rear, deore rest, Juicy 3’s. email in profile if interested.

not really my kind of bike but i’ve ridden it a few times and it’s very very fast!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘scott scale (advice please)’ is closed to new replies.