• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Scott MC20 to Canyon Strive (or similar 160mm)
  • smaca
    Free Member

I currently run an ’06 Scott MC20. Which I’ve owned since new.

I almost got rid last year, and did a back to back of the Whyte-T129, Spec. Carver, Super Fly etc.

In the end I didn’t really get it enough to swap. For a do-it-all bike the Scott has been great (I’ve done everything from road centuries, to trail centres, commutes, the peaks and even a trip to Iceland)

So I pimped it, and it’s running full 2013 2×10 XT Groupset + Hope Hoops (Crests). I’ve replaced all the bearings + had the shock serviced etc. etc. so it performs better now than new (bar the paintwork)

The one thing it isn’t so good at is steep descents, and I’m looking to do an Alps trip next year, where I suspect it might also be a bit fragile.

So I’m not looking to sell it, but add something more rugged (but still pedalable) to my collection. Hence looking at something like the Strive both in price and “intent”, to use in the peaks + alps, saving the Scott for the likes of Cannock + Sherwood Pines.

Thoughts?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Scott MC20 to Canyon Strive (or similar 160mm)’ is closed to new replies.