Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scott Genius MC carbon frame cracked at main pivot behind bb – anyone else???
  • strike
    Free Member

Found a crack on the one of pivot lugs, on my framne yesterday. Taking it to a Scott dealer today, but just wondered if anyone else has had the same issue?

brownpants
    Free Member

Yep – had a very peculiar thing happen on mine

The rear swing arm went out of alignment as if the carbon frame had twisted which is damned impossible

Scott gave me a brand new replacement straight away . I tried new swing arms , bearings etc all sorts but it just wasn’t right .

Scott’s warranty is brilliant

strike
    Free Member

Scott’s warranty is brilliant

That’s encouraging then 🙂

mcboo
    Free Member

I did exactly the same to mine back in 2007, sheared right through the lug. Had just gone out of warranty but Scott were cool and honored it, fitted a new front end.

What year is yours? When I broke mine I think they’d had a few go there, was a bit of a design flaw having all those nice thick top and down tubes then this little bit of thin carbon just where you need maximum strength.

strike
    Free Member

Mine is a 2005 but bought in 2007! And being a 2005, it was the first of the carbon Genius frames.

Always (straingley!) re-assuring when someone else has had the same issue…

Napalm
    Free Member

My Genius MC10 developed a crack on the down tube and Scott replaced it with a Genius Ltd frame; it’s all they had at the time in my size.

Their warranty is very good; tempered by the amount of carbon frame breaks they seem to suffer from

mcboo
    Free Member

Yeh mine was one of the first I think too, 2005……Evans were knocking them out cheap due to Horst link patent issues with Specialized. MC1, came with great kit, only just retired the XTR Dual Control.

Put me off carbon bikes for a while though I’ve just gone back to one, a Canyon……I’m always after a bargain…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scott Genius MC carbon frame cracked at main pivot behind bb – anyone else???’ is closed to new replies.