Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scott CR1 road bikes.
  • GJP
    Free Member

Anybody know what the general view is on these bikes? Potentially looking for a new carbon frameset, but not looking to spend silly money.

The 2011 Scott CR1 Pro frameset is £1200, and whilst not the lightest most advanced etc would no doubt be perfectly adequate for my needs. Looking for a comfortable, but still exciting ride, for weekend leisure riding, not racing.

Not many of the major brands seem to sell framesets only, other than at the top end (i.e £1800 to £3k plus).

Any ideas on what else is out there at a similar price point?

Also, what is Scott’s after sales service like, never had a Scott before. And which are are best LBS in the SW London/ Surrey area for Scott. None of my regular LBS stock Scott.

Thanks
    Gary

radoggair
    Free Member

i know a few people who ride them and love them. Me personally, find them pretty dull to look at and i would probably spend that money on a Giant

nice deal as well

GJP
    Free Member

radoggair – I would agree they are not the best lookers especially with the new fork. Those Giants are too big for me.

boblo
    Free Member

I’ve got a CR1 Pro, bought it as a built up bike. It’s all I wanted and am really pleased with it. Very light, very stiff and feels very fast. My needs sound similar to yours, as in not racing just hooning around at weekends.

Can’t speak for after sales as I haven’t had any problems with it. Got mine from Epic and though they are miles away from you (and me), I would absolutely recommend them.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

The CR1 now has “Sportive” orientated geometry which means its head tube is quite high to give MAMILs a nice upright riding position to preserve their ageing backs. I tried to test ride a CR1 a few weeks ago but my riding position couldn’t be dialled in because to get the correct height of head tube the top tube would have been too short. Ended up testing a Scott Addict in the end but wasn’t impressed with it. If you intend to race and are set on a Scott try the Addict you may like it better than I did.

GJP
    Free Member

MAMIL = Middle Aged Men In Lycra? Yes I am one of those, but I can just about pull it off, even if I say so myself!

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Got the older CR1 which is 4 years old now. Got an addict as well. addict is noticeablty lighter but both bikes handle well(race crits on the CR1). Got a scale and never had any probs with any of the bikes ….and they get hammered.

Not sure i’d get on with the new cr1 and its differing geometry

Ed2001
    Free Member

From what you have said you want the bike for( weekend leisure riding) I wouldn’t think you need to spend anywhere near £1200 on a frame. I would look at something like a planet x ti sportive frame and that would be the very top end I would spend on a bike frame just for weekend rides.Save your money.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Check out deals on framesets at http://www.westbrookcycles they have some really good prices, Addicts at £1099 last time i looked and are one of scotts biggest dealers. Aftersales is good, not that you should ever need it.

plop_pants
    Free Member

I have a CR1 Pro 2010. I got it as it was described as a comfortable fast ride so I was going to use it for a summer training bike and for the odd sportive, (Tour of Flanders and Paris Roubaix).
    It’s not described as a race bike, but in my opinion it is just that, only better. Since buying it it has replaced my Pinarello F4:13 as my race bike. The Scott feels faster, it is definately lighter and with that bit of extra comfort I’ve found I get to the end of a race fresher. Don’t really know why Scott market the CR1 as a sportive bike TBH, I think it is still a bit on the stiff side for an all day’er. There’s bu$$er all difference worth mentioning in the geometry with the Addict, slightly taller head tube,that’s about it, so no problem setting it up for me. I changed the bars, stem and saddle to something lighter than scott own brand stuff that came with it, and now I have a 16.5lb race bike that makes me grin. It’s brilliant!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Scott CR1 road bikes.’ is closed to new replies.