Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • scott CR1 PRO sizing?
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

Hey folks. Can pick one of these frames up quite cheap just now and just wondering if anyone on here has one? I currently have a giant defy composite with full 10 speed ultegra, just going to swap my components over. Im 6 2″, 34″ inseam.. sizing points to a xl.. anyone out there have some real world experience?

😕

strike
    Free Member

I’m 6’/32″ inside leg and I ride a Speedster in Large, if that helps. I tried an XL and it felt way to big. I think you’re going to have to test ride one……

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think you’re going to have to test ride one……

I agree, test ride for sure. Do not trust common sense, it’ll just end up being an expensive mistake.

BearBack
    Free Member

I ride a 56. I’m 6ft but have a long back.
    Agree that a test ride would be wise.

seventyfive
    Free Member

I have a 58cm CR1 frame from 2013 and I’m half inch taller than yourself, but slightly shorter 33″ leg. You’ll probably find that both will fit ok, and can be adjusted with with changes to stem length.
    I’d suggest going smaller (56) if you want a more aero racy position, or if you want a more relaxed set-up go bigger – 58cm. I think you’d be better off with a 58cm frame as you have long legs and match it with a shorter stem, possibly 100/110mm.
    Not sure if helpful and may muddy the waters, but I sat on a Giant Propel last week and size Large was a good fit, and XL was too big!

plop_pants
    Free Member

I’m 6’1.5″, 34″ inside leg and ride an XL Scott CR1 Pro. Have 10cm of spacers under the stem. So it sound like an L might be too small for you unless you like loads of spacers.

turbo1397
    Free Member

cheers folks. @plop pants.. were just about the same proportions, and i was leaning towards the XL.How do you find the bike? does it climb well.. looking for something a bit more responsive than my defy..also only 5mm difference in the top tube from my current setup and there is a lot of seatpost showing on my defy. :-).

boblo
    Free Member

I’m 6′ with 31″ inside leg and ride 56 cm. Sounds like you need a 58 to me.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Turbo1397, I use mine as my race bike. I know it is supposed to be a comfy ‘all day’ / ‘Sportive’ style bike, slightly more relaxed angles etc, but I found it very responsive and really lively so it replaced my usual race machine. I think mine is 16.5lbs with a pair of Mavic Ksyrium SSLs, so you could easily get it lighter. I have ridden it in the mountains of Majorca and found it a joy.

johnnystorm

5′ 11″ on a 56 here. Bloody brilliant bike. Mines built with Ultegra too.

plop_pants
    Free Member

edit DP.

turbo1397
    Free Member

cheers. How is the tyre clearance on them? i usually run 25mm pro 4 service course tyres..

plop_pants
    Free Member

I’ve not used 25s on my CR1 but I’ve not had problems with 25s on my other bikes.

plop_pants
    Free Member

One thing to check if you do get a frame; my original frame’s rear triangle wasn’t aligned well and a properly dished wheel would be closer to one chain stay. Scott were fine about it though and I had a warranty replacement.

andy3809
    Free Member

Op…. I ride a 56 at 5ft11 with a 32 leg so sounds like a 58 would be the one to go for. Currently have pro 4 service course on mine and do get the occasional rub…. I am running some crap flexi Planet X model b wheels in it though and am a rugby player with weight and thighs to match. Clearance would be fine under normal circumstances I reckon and certainly don’t get any probs with my summer wheels and tyres.. It’s the best bike I’ve ever owned and the only bike that lives in the house as I’d be devastated if it went. Also had a defy previously and the Scott is head and shoulders above in my opinion, massively better

joeegg
    Free Member

5ft 11 ins and a 56 fits me perfectly.Mine has Sram Rival and although its probably slightly lighter than Ultegra i do prefer Shimano.

finbar
    Free Member

/hijack

If anyone’s on the lookout for a 52cm I’ll be listing a frame and fork for sale at the weekend…

wwaswas

Have 10cm of spacers under the stem.

😯 it’s not exactly slammed, is it.

have you checked the manual for the forks? I thought they had a maximum stack limit on them?

Or is there a unit of measure issue here?

turbo1397
    Free Member

@andy3809.. was it a defy composite you had or an alu one?

plop_pants
    Free Member

MILLIMETERS!!!! Dammit.

turbo1397
    Free Member

@plop pants, you wouldnt have a pic of your bike? just wanting to see how it sits with someone with similar proportions to me. Went and tried a 56 in evans and with a fair bit of seatpost it wasnt far away from the setup im on just now. Would ideally tried the bike in question but its a frame and fork deal.. 😕

plop_pants
    Free Member

turbo1397
    Free Member

Nice one, cheers.. yip, that looks very similar to the postion im in just now.. thanks.

turbo1397
    Free Member

well, just pulled the trigger and purchased it, looking forward to it! 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘scott CR1 PRO sizing?’ is closed to new replies.