Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Scots hill folk – the Brothers range??
  • druidh
    Free Member

I saw this referred to in a news article today – a fatality on the Scottish hills. The report refers to the Brothers range of mountains. I’d never heard of this before – have you?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nope

brothers of kintail according to wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgurr_a%27_Bhealaich_Dheirg

duckman

The set of Munros across from the Cluanie,newish popular name because they are linked into the 5 Sisters of Kintail.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sweepy
    Free Member

That was the north glensheil ridge when I walked it

druidh
    Free Member

Ah sweepy – you and I obviously didn’t get the memo….

sweepy
    Free Member

Story of my life mate, I’m so far behind the curve I still call Glenbogle Ardverikie.

matt_outandabout

😆

duckman

You know what, I know that feeling all too well. I did a pile of Munros with my Dad when I was a kid/teen. I started again about three years ago and climbed Devils knob and Cairn Toul one crappy day,didn’t bother going on to the Angels because it was only a top and there was no view…Only a top according to my 1988 copy of the Munros at any rate…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I thought that the ridge north of the Cluanie Inn was the North Cluanie Ridge.

druidh
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member
    I thought that the ridge north of the Cluanie Inn was the North Cluanie Ridge.

Don’t be daft. That would be too bluddy obvious!

chickenman

Well they were the 6 Brothers back in ’81 when I did them.. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Well, neither the SMC nor that hillwalking god Cameron McNeish refer to them as other than the North Glen Shiel Ridge, so I’m gonna purge any other name from my mind and go with that.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Ralph Storer calls it the North Glen Sheil Ridge too. I still prefer the North Cluanie Ridge as a name though.

b1galus
    Free Member

aye north glensheil ridge for me , people really should stick to the old names otherwise i just get more confused

druidh
    Free Member

SBZ – North Cluanie Ridge would be the one running alongside the reservoir – i.e. East of the Cluanie Inn ??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Scots hill folk – the Brothers range??’ is closed to new replies.