Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scotland trip ideas – involving Mtb.
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

Hello
    I ride in scotland quite abit, But I seem to always end up at the same places. Aviemore, applecross, torridon areas.
    I’m after some new places to ride without too much hike a bike and not too much navigational problems.
    It would be great to be near the sea. That’s one thing scotland does well is sea/mountains.
    So suggest a weeks worth of MTB rides, I have a camper so travelling about would be ok.

Where do you suggest, hopefully North and remote!!

Thanks

GregMay
    Free Member

Why not do the Highland Trail Race loop…oh wait you said not too much bikewalking….

It’s a stunning loop though.

Cairngorms Loop is good to look at, loads of options in it if you want to split it.

bruneep

North of where?

ton

a point to point ride?
    we rode inverness to Glasgow, taking in as much offroad as possible.
    a perfect weeks trip.

EddieFiola
    Free Member

North of fort bill – ideally

crash_gav
    Free Member

Hi Eddie,

If your in the Gairloch area:
    Tollie path. Park at Loch Maree ( just before road leaves loch), cycle towards Gairloch, there’s a path on right that takes you up off road (can be dodgy to locate) and round down to pub. More road action up and out of Gairloch towards, Poolewe. Tollie path back to car (good technical path both up and down).
    Poolewe to Fionn Loch (Carnmore bothy) Waymarked path into Kernsary Estate, at workers house bridge, go towards forest then look for right turn (very muddy path) on right, wrong road climbs up through the trees to the left. Right path is a muddy, cow trodden forest path that takes you upto a fence, then fantastic ST all the way to the Bothy. I went on and came back Gruinard, but Fatty does run bog well and still a good bit of hike a bike. SO, return same way.
    There is a loop from Kinlochewe that goes up round the heights to Lochan Fada. Then up round past East side of Slioch and back along river to carpark. This has a little hike a bike but is very techy in places.

Most of the runs do include some Hike a bike but are rewarded by great trails. 8)

cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Scotland trip ideas – involving Mtb.’ is closed to new replies.