Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Scotland trip
  • tony07
    Free Member

Heading to Peebles (from Ireland) tomorrow for a weeks biking. One of the guys is talking of heading up to Dunkeld for some biking, haven’t heard much about it, would it be worth the trip up? Or safer sticking around the glentress/ Innerleithen area?

matt_outandabout

Why spend riding time driving 2.5hr each way? So much riding locally to Peebles, and spend the extra time in cafe, pub or more riding.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

If you’re there a whole week, absolutely worth it, the trails are great and something a bit different from the Tweed Valley stuff. It’s only 90 minutes each way, not 2.5 hours.

matt_outandabout

Apologies, it’s only 1h 40m.

tony07
    Free Member

Cheers. Have the ews maps so we’ll see how we go

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

If wanting something different try comrie croft. Again 1.5 hours from peebles area. Or stirling for cambusssbarron and dumyat? What sort of riding do you like?

jimmy

If you’re heading to / from Ireland do Kirroughtree and Drumlanrig end route.

matt_outandabout

Dumyat is a good call.

ks562
    Free Member

Another vote for both Comrie Croft and the Stirling trails (Dumyat, Mine Woods, Cambu & North Third).

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’d have a crack at Dumyat, it’s good fun.

If you fancy something really exciting Ben Vorlich (Loch Earn) and Ben Lomond are both about 1 hr 50 away. The descent will take you only a little less than a lap of the blue at Glentress on those.

tony07
    Free Member

So stayed around glentress and inners in the end and I’m glad we did. Found some of the best riding I’ve done in a long time. The golfy was amazing and thanks to the local guys for pointing us in the right direction, some of you may well be reading this! It was a soaking wet day but them trails are so well built. Too hard for the ews was another firm favourite!

legend
    Free Member

Dumyat, Cambusbarron, Comrie Croft etc are all very good but nowhere near as challenging as EWS (ie Caberston and Innerleithen) stuff. Dunkeld would be a much closer match in terms of challenge, but very different terrain

rickon
    Free Member

Too hard for the ews

Is that the first trail on the left, just before 3G and Repeat Offender?

Northwind

That’s nae spleens isn’t it? With teh awkward rock garden/rock drop?

Stranga
    Free Member

Yea that’s Nae Spleens, ‘To hard for ews’ is on other side….next to the classic.

Northwind

Ah, didn’t know that had an Official Name yet 😀

rickon
    Free Member

I thought the name would have been fitting for Nae Spleens given the arguing over it being in or out for EWS.

Wait a minute…….. next to the Classic? So, not either of the two lines on the Classic? Where’s the entrance?

legend
    Free Member

Too Hard for EWS isn’t the official name iirc, mind you I can’t remember what it was supposed to be called either! tbh it would’ve been silly to race it without line of sight marshalling

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Scotland trip’ is closed to new replies.