Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scooter for a 3-year old Rothan ninja?
  • Random
    Free Member

Calling all dads!

Okay, so I’m biased but my boy is pretty handy on his Rothan. I have to run to keep up with him and he flows over the bumps at the local skate park.
    He’s coming up to his 3rd birthday so my question is…
    Would a scooter be pointless duplication or a great complement to his Rothan? If a scooter then what about a 2-wheeler vs 3-wheeler?

Random
    Free Member

The toddler dads must have gone to bed early or have been focusing on turbo trainers in the Bike Forum!

The scooters do look fun but I would be sad if it caused the Rothan to become sidelined.

Thoughts?

geoffj

Would a scooter be pointless duplication or a great complement to his Rothan?

Neither – it’s just another toy for them to play one. If you can afford it, why not?

vinnyeh

Kids both got microlite scooters for Christmas a couple of years back, having previously been given a cnoc and rothan. Daughter has used her’s half a dozen times maybe, son has never used it- at the time he had a bit of a look then shot off on the Rothan.

They’re a lot less versatile imo, and a bit of a waste of money unless peers use them, or the child really fancies one.
    YMMV

binners

I think a Rothan is all you need. My little’un absolutely loves hers, and flys along on it. She has a scooter too, but it certainly never sees the same kind of use

If it was me I’d save the money to spend on the next step on their two wheeled adventure. Which I think will probably resemble

this

EDIT: I do think the Rothan gets used more as she likes going out with big sister on her bike

imnotamused
    Free Member

Can’t recommend those micro shooters enough, my daughter bombs everywhere on hers. Best thing we’ve invested in. Hers is a 3 wheeler and she’s had it since 2, she’s 4 now and still loves it

DezB
    Free Member

My kid’s a bit older (8) but loves his scooter as much as his bike. Probably because it’s what his friends are into.
    And just like bikes, you get what you pay for – we had to buy him a “JD Bug” one as he kept breaking the cheaper ones.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scooter for a 3-year old Rothan ninja?’ is closed to new replies.