Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Scirocco or TT
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

It would have to be the TT for me, woman down our street has a brand new Sirocco as a company car, we followed her out of the close on the way to work this morning and the wife said

"oooh that s nice, very girlie, i like the round bits at the back" (it was in white)

i think that sums it up, lovely car but it is basically a new Beetle thats had a big rock dropped on it!

the TT is slightly more Grrrrrr

then again if i had the cash i'd buy a GTI

davedodd
    Free Member

I'm in the extremely fortunate position of owning a Scirocco 170 TDI in Candy White.
    Quite simply it's the best car I've ever owned. It's very quick (don't listen to silly petrol heads who've never driven a good diesel), it's quiet and economical. The adjustable suspension is great, as is the room in the back (which is cavernous compared to a TT). I've had a bike in the back with no trouble, although it's not our biking car.
    Get one, you won't regret it, they're fab.
    Dave

Geronimo
    Free Member

Quite simply it's the best car I've ever owned. It's very quick (don't listen to silly petrol heads who've never driven a good diesel),

What about driving a good petrol?

ski
    Free Member

Scirocco would get my vote, only for its looks though, I bet both cars are great to own, whichever you go for.

solarider
    Free Member

If you are looking at new ones, consider a nearly new main dealer Porsche Cayman. About the same price, but a proper sports car rather than a Golf in wolf's clothing, which is ultimately what both the TT and Sirocco are. Both nice cars, I'm not knocking either, but for a bit more you could be driving something altogether different and dare I say better? Certainly better handling.

The only problem is servicing and parts. 2 new rear tyres on my 911 were £700 a few weeks ago, and that was after a good hunt around and some haggling. It's an expensive habit, but worth it for the smiles.

If the choice is definitely TT or Sirocco, I might be tempted by the Sirocco. The new shape TT somehow doesn't look as nice as the original, and Sirocco is a bit rarer, although the new TT is meant to be nicer to drive than the old one. The TT has a bit of a hair dresser image now unfortunately.

rkk01
    Free Member

Scirocco is a very strange looking car. Looks lovely from some angles (and those are the ones used in photos), but IRL it looks really ugly from any rear / three quarter view – IMO of course.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Scirocco or TT’ is closed to new replies.