Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Sciatica/slipped disc 3 weeks in
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Firstly yes I have spoken to GP/PHYSIO I’m just seeing how it was/is for you as I feel like I’m going mad ! And everyone has different reactions
    This is what I have written to myself.

My last stint of sciatica was very different 2 years ago.

Pain started 3rd may with leg/ ankle pain twisted foot on wet grass
    Didn’t take it easy carried on like this working lifting
    May 18th went to GP and prescribed 250mg Naproxen pain eased off still carried on at work
    Night of 23Rd MAY excruciating pain down right leg didn’t sleep due to pain
    At this point couldn’t sit/lay walk far drive etc
    May 24th went back to GP and prescribed 500mg Naproxen and 30mg CoCodimol – saw Osteopath in the afternoon who advised slipped disc no treatment carried out. Advised diazepam prescribed Diazepam 2mg from GP on 24th
    Week off work

Since then pain has subsided haven’t taken co codimol on regular basis due to pain not so intense .

Nerve sensation on ankle/back of leg still present at night feels like leg being pulled not severe enough for Co codimol but have taken Diazepam to relax muscles
    Still not fully able to lay on back for periods of time.

1st June back at work light duties

timidwheeler

I had exactly the same which started about 3 weeks ago (I started a thread). To be honest I have had pain from my back for months but whilst riding on the 14th May it became unbearable. Dr gave me 500g Naproxen.

I’ve been icing it 4 times a day and once the pain eased enough I started stretching it.

The BMA sports injury book recommends Mckenzie extensions (loads on the Internet). It has a variation for slipped disks where you shift your legs towards your painful side. “Doing this will encourage your disk bulge to reverse and your disk to move back to its correct position”.

Now I suggest you be very careful, but this really worked for me. I am at the point now that I feel better than I have for about a year. The effect was noticeable almost straight away.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Sciatica/slipped disc 3 weeks in’ is closed to new replies.