Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Schwalbe tyres – recommend me a pairing
  • benz
    Free Member

For my nice light ss.

Typically used in rock free areas (FS for more serious stuff).

What front / rear combo would folks recommend.

looking for front end grip and rear end easy rolling.

Pair of Rocket Rons or…

F – Nobby Nic
    R – Racing Ralph

gee
    Free Member

Get the Snakeskin ones so they last. Robs are good when it’s damp. Ralphs front and rear good in the dry – Nics are a bit overkill unless it’s a bit wet.

GB

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

If its wet I’d go for the NN/RR combo, I’ve been running a pair of ralphs for 12 months – they’re awesome in the dry, weren’t half bad in the snow but are just lacking grip when its a bit damp…

winrya
    Free Member

I’ve been running a snakeskin nobby nic (2.25) on the front and a snakeskin racing ralph (2.25) on the back for the past 1000 miles. Fantastic combination, really fast and no issues with grip and I’ve ridden xc, downhill, sun, rain and snow. I’ve tried loads of tyre combinations and although expensive, the best combo out there for me.

Another bonus is touch wood, I’ve never had a puncture with these tyres whereas with high rollers I had 4 punctures in a week before I binned them!

br
    Free Member

tbh I’ve had many Schwalbe combinations (and types; snakeskin, UST etc) and have recently gone over to Maxxis…

I found that the Schwalbe’s (especially on the rear) just could’t cope with the local flint (Chilterns).

scaredypants

round my way, the Schalbe combo I recommend is:
    “Anything” on front
    “But” out back
    (ie wot b r said – kack on flint)

bigpole
    Free Member

I’m with Winrya,I ride nobby nic (2.25) on the front and a racing ralph (2.25) on the back. I know that the nn at the front is overkill, but you are prepared for anything. I’m a recent convert to schwalbe from Maxxis and would not go back!

njee20
    Free Member

I’m a big Ron fan, but durable they are not!

steve_b77
    Free Member

On my SS at the moment I have a 2.1 Nic up front and a 2.1 Raplh out back.

I run the exact same on my FS (140mm) but in 2.25″ flavour.

On my HT (115mm) geared I fitted a pair of 2.25″ Rons and they’re great.

To be fair I really rate the Schwalbe tyres, I’ve even converted on of my mates to them

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe tyres – recommend me a pairing’ is closed to new replies.