Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Schwalbe performance line
  • marco
    Free Member

Anyone know what the differences are between the evo line and these?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Basically ‘death on wet roots / rocks’ compound. I think its a harder compound than the pacestar.

BillOddie

Not sure that’s true Yorkshire. I think it depends on the tyre.

The Performace Hans Dampf I have is grippy but very soft and draggy.

marco
    Free Member

worse than Conti barons (non black chilli) for death on roots?
    Can they be used tubeless on ust rims?

plyphon
    Free Member

Basically ‘death on wet roots / rocks’ compound. I think its a harder compound than the pacestar.

Can confirm. Bought a £20 One One Smorgasbord in their trail compound, different is night and day.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I thought performance was the cheap hard compound?

Going from soft to hard…
    Vertstar>Trailstair>Pacestar>Performance?

Clobber
    Free Member

death on wet roots / rocks’ compound +1

My bike went away from me so fast that I was left stood up on the trail with my bike going down the welsh hillside….

razorrazoo

Removed a set of performance NNs from my zesty before riding it. They are very ‘plasticky’ in look and feel. Generally get slated in mag tests. I run he usual trailstar front pacestar rear schwable set up.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

You’d struggle to make such a big improvement in your bike’s performance for so little money as paying extra for the better tyres.

andymc06
    Free Member

Gents. There are two basic elements to Schwalbe tyres in terms of their make-up. The quality of materials used and the type of compound used. You have Active line (carp oem), Performance line (good quality usually oem) and Evolution (the best possible, highest quality materials, the latest technology). Within each of those types you have a selection of compounds. Pacestar is harder and faster, Trailstar is grippier but slower, Vertstar is again grippier but slower.

That’s the basics there are then different side walls, tubeless ready or UST and other variations.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy

chip
    Free Member

I have a couple of brand new muddy Mary’s
    In performance line orc in the loft. I think they are. 2.4 as they are mahoosive with huge tread.

Are they death on anything or everything. Never used them yet as I thought they might be fun in the snow but it never arrived .

njee20
    Free Member

That’s the basics there are then different side walls, tubeless ready or UST and other variations.

Sort of, but not quite.

There are two types of aftermarket tyre on their decent tyres yes: Performance and Evo. They have different carcasses – more supple and lighter on Evo tyres (actually there are different Evo carcasses, but let’s not over complicate). All Performance tyres are ORC compound, it’s a cheaper, harder compound than Evo tyres. Evo are available with Pace Star/Trail Star/Vert Star/Gate Star, all are tubeless ready, and there are Snakeskin and Double Defence options.

You don’t choose your carcass, then your compound. You can’t get (for example) a Performance Pace Star tyre.

chip
    Free Member

But will I die. 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Yep.

andymc06
    Free Member

Cheers for the clarification Njee (and also yes!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe performance line’ is closed to new replies.