Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Schwalbe Magic Mary
  • jim79
    Free Member

Does any one know of anywhere that has these in stock in 27.5? I’m after a trailstar version but they seem to be like rocking horse s#*t.
    Failing that can anyone recommend an alternative for a winter front tyre?

Stranga
    Free Member

WTB Vigalante as an alternative

I believe the Magic Mary Vertstars will be available/ due in stock by next week.

stevede
    Free Member

As above the vigilante is like a slightly lower profile (and cheaper) magic mary, maxxis have just released the shorty exo which is also a great tyre in the slop, i currently run a shorty front, vigilante rear combo for riding steep, loose, muddy tracks in my local woods.

jim79
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll give both of those a thought then, got them in local shop I think.

jamesfts
    Free Member

I run a Magic Mary/Rock Razor combo on my Enduro.

Went to demo the 650b and 29er versions of the Enduro last weekend that were running a combination of Specialized Butcher/Slaughter tyres – overall massively impressed them. The Butcher isn’t quite as aggressive as the MM but a very competent, grippy front tyre.

At £30 an end you’ll be saving £40 on a set over the similar Schwalbes. £60 feels much more sensible than £100 on a pair of bike tyres! Just a shame you can’t get the Slaughter in 26.

tomaso
    Free Member

German shops are a good bet.

Bike24 have both snakeskin and super gravity in the trailstar Deutsche linky

Yetiman
    Free Member

I’m really liking my 29er Vigilante in these wetter conditions. It’s doing a great job in the mud and I’m now considering one as a rear to replace a Minion DHR2.

neil853
    Free Member

I must admit I’ve just gone for the Spesh butcher/purgatory combo in 650b

smatkins1
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of Butchers but the sideways always ended the life of the tyre prematurely for me.

Those diagonal lines would appear, if you know what I mean, early on in the life of the tyre. Shortly after the tyre wouldn’t hold air tubeless (with sealant) then this lines would eventually turn into tears.

I did however love the price, the weight and the grip. So I kept buying them for a while.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Magic Mary’ is closed to new replies.