Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Schwalbe Furious Fred Tyre Feedback
  • slparsons
    Free Member

Anyone able to give any feedback on these tyres in 29″ flavour. (http://nextdaytyres.co.uk/details.aspx/SCHWALBE-FURIOUS-FRED-MTB-29/195)

I’m considering a set for monstercross/road/tow path/fire road type riding.

I’d be be using with tubes so keen to hear how puncture resistant they are and how they wear?

Cheers!

redfordrider
    Free Member

These aren’t really intended for UK riding conditions – very thin, little grip, need to be run tubeless, prone to cuts – broken glass would be a major concern. I’ve only used them in dry arid conditions in XC races where they are great provided that you run them at low pressure to get some grip. Better as a rear tyre for actual off road stuff. What about Maxxis Crossmarks for towpaths etc?

slparsons
    Free Member

Cheers redfordrider, You’ve pretty much confirmed what I was expecting.

I’ve got some crossmarks; I was looking to drop weight.

Rorschach
    Free Member

####Highjack content##
    I’ve got a pair of these

here
    which I bought to go on my 29er for the 100mile gravel race thingy (folding 60tpi version so they’re thicker sidewalls) -which then got cancelled.
    Unused still in packaging £40 the pair (rrp £37 each).

campfreddie
    Free Member

Maybe try Thunder Burts…. Insanely light, but I think a bit better suited for our riding.

I’m going to be putting a pair of 2.1″ Thunder Burts on my new 650b wheels for my Scalpel.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Thunder burt and Furious Fred equally as useless as each other, carcass is too thin IMO and cut/puncture very easily.

slparsons
    Free Member

I’d seen the Thunder burts too, probably going to get some Small block 8’s had them before in 26″ and 700X32mm and they were ok and considerably cheaper too!

slparsons
    Free Member

There’s also Smart Sam in 29 x1.75.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Furious Fred Tyre Feedback’ is closed to new replies.