Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Schwalbe Fat Albert 2.4 Tubeless (UST)…. views? or alternatives…..
  • alpin
    Free Member

ok… have run FAs in the past and been happy and not had any problem other than recently ripping a 2″ gash in a sidewall. this isn’t a bad reflection on the tyre as i don’t think there are many tyres out there that would have stood up to this particular rock.

i’m also somewhat taken by the claimed weight of the UST FAs, 890g front and 995g rear.

….but….

i have read that the knobs on the Tubeless version have a tendency to rip off. anyone had experience of this?

or alternatively a light weight (under 1000gr), 2.4ish UST tyre?

am also considering the RQ 2.4 but at 1100gr

Saccades
    Free Member

been so good for the last year i just got one for my other bike, all knobs intact so far.

bit of a tight fit on xm819 is the only downside

honourablegeorge

Hans Dampf.

mboy
    Free Member

i have read that the knobs on the Tubeless version have a tendency to rip off. anyone had experience of this?

I found Fat Alberts rubbish, and part of this was for this reason.

After only a couple of rides, several knobbles were starting to lift off. Grip was pretty rubbish I felt compared to many rivals too.

Rubber Queen 2.4’s are noticably bigger than the 2.4″ Fat Alberts. Rubber Queen 2.2’s are bigger than 2.25″ Fat Alberts even. UST RQ also weighs only just over 1kg too, not 1100g. Or at least mine did when I weighed it.

captaindanger

I rode the ust snakeskin in the alps for a week, was new on and by the end was def looking the worse for wear, no knobs ripped off but most were in a bit of a state and fairly ripped up. I did drag the back brake a fair bit though!

alpin
    Free Member

hmmm…. i might give them a miss then.

never had any knob issues with my standard FAs and they were used exclusively on alpine trails. maybe there is something different in the manufacturing process that means the UST version loses its knobs.

hans dampf don’t come in a Tubeless (i.e. UST version).

maybe i’ll plump for the RQ 2.4s.

shame i’m having to work his week…

honourablegeorge

alpin – Member

hans dampf don’t come in a Tubeless (i.e. UST version).

They’re tubeless ready as standard, have had them on Stan’s Flow previously and currently on Mavic UST rims, without issue. And a few hundred grams lighter than UST RQs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Fat Albert 2.4 Tubeless (UST)…. views? or alternatives…..’ is closed to new replies.