Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • School yellow zigzags and parking….
  • DT78
    Free Member

Anyone know the rules with these?

My road is chocker for some reason and the only place I can park is right on the edge of yellow zigzags.

Was planning on leaving the car their for a few days, can I get a ticket for parking there during school holidays?

(school closed, rear entrance)

project
    Free Member

The school may never be closed as their are things going on in most schools out of term time,

You could try activating those flashing lights on each corner of the car, this appears to work for all the women who park outside the 3 schools, on my way too work.

samuri
    Free Member

Access could be needed for emergency vehicles.

edit: Why don't you just park in front of my drive like every other fecker seems to?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you have a Chelsea tractor and use your hazards its OK – for mere mortals it is not

check the highway code

RichPenny
    Free Member

Perhaps you could consider parking in a different street and then walking for a few minutes to your house? It's entirely possible that you may survive this traumatic and dangerous experience 😉

project
    Free Member

Why not sell the car, and by a bike, i believe its quite popular now the sun is shining, beats walking.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

£60 fine and 3 points for parking on zig zags! Don't do it, they are there for a safety reason.

DT78
    Free Member

Sadly some distances are not easily commutable by bike

Other streets full as well, not even driveways to park in front of!

So, do the yellow lines still apply during holidays despite the school being closed? They are incredible overkill I am actually 4 car lengths from the gate so unless it was an emergency bendy bus they wouldn't have any issues with access….

RichPenny
    Free Member

Nah, what you want is a really small car that you keep in the boot of your current car. Then when it's busy you can park a few hundred yards from your house, and BAM! Open boot, get in smaller car and drive home, popping smaller car under your arm when you get there and carrying it inside.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its to allow decent sight lines for children leaving the gate hence the distance.

spooky_b329

Don't leave it there, as above its a criminal offence so it may get removed by the police if you are not around to move it promptly.

gonefishin
    Free Member

If there are any times at which you are allowed to park there then there will be a sign to tell you when you can and when you can't park there. It is quite common for parking to be forbidden during school hours but allowed afterwards. If there are no signs then the restrictions will be in place 24hrs a day.

ds1
    Free Member

School keep clear markings are advisory unless they have been made mandatory using a Traffic Regulation Order. If the latter, then there should be a sign explaining the parking prohibition.

Even if advisory, the police could still arrest you for obstructing the highway – fine up to £1000 – although you'd be pretty unlucky to experience that in the school holidays!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

right on the edge of yellow zigzags.

If you aren't actually on them then you are fine (assuming there is no other control in place). Parking on them is likely to cause you grief.

Onzadog
    Free Member

All depends on the wording in the Traffic Regulation Order. It might say term time in the schedule, or it might say "at any time".

You can always ring the local authroity and ask to see the TRO.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘School yellow zigzags and parking….’ is closed to new replies.