Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • School Holidays – Your Stories of Excitement Dissapointment Whatever
  • sparksmcguff

Today is the second day of the easter school holiday. Eldest daughter was up at 6am. By 7am she had her roller skates on. By 8.45 I was taking her into A&E. She got home several hours later with a lovely cast having broken her ankle!

So what are your stories of childhood/adult adventure/mis-adventure at School holiday time – to cheer up my daughter and me.

Would just like to add a massive thank you to the lovely folk at Royal Aberdeen Childrens Hospital.

EDIT: Very embarrassing grammar/spelling error in title 😳

matt_outandabout

Oh bless her…

Not holiday per-se, but a good friend went for ‘one last bike ride’ as he left Arran for wedding and a new life down south…One broken collar bone later he was stood at the alter with me as best man shoving pain killers down his neck all day… Apparently the honeymoon was ‘less active than expected’!!! 😆

theotherjonv

Flip side. I used to live in a small village about 5 miles from the school, so the parents of the 4 kids in the village operated a school run rota to share the load.

I was duly dispatched to the end of my road for pick up on the first day after the holidays. And waited. And waited. And waited, for about as long as a child would in those days. Then i came back to the house. On phoning the other mum the mistake was noted, my mum had tried to get rid of me a whole week early!

Best week off ever, given all the school uniform was bought and ready, the homework was done, i just had a whole week stay of execution and nothing to do but play out and ride my bike, etc. Fantastic.

Drac

I’ve been working right through so I have no story to tell.

molgrips
    Free Member

Our kid are not injured but being pretty difficult, as we’ve come away in the caravan. No idea why, they normally love this. Awkward sods.

sparksmcguff

Broken collar bone = very painful. Extra week of school holiday, oh yes please.

Part of me wanders why she insists on getting up at six every holiday, part of me is incredibly proud that after only a brief show of how to roller skate last night she got on with teaching herself this morning, part of me is very proud that she injured herself being active.

Same time – why oh why oh why the day after I booked a flight and choose not to spend an extra £35 on the change date option. Blah. Baring in mind Dracs situation though at least I’m on holiday – in theory – though work from home and have loads to do. Oh well.

vermillion
    Free Member

A bank holiday Monday surprise. Proud and happy 🙂
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10206655641818924

postierich
    Free Member

Rides like his Dad but faster 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘School Holidays – Your Stories of Excitement Dissapointment Whatever’ is closed to new replies.