Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Scartree Trail – Wakerley Woods Northants
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Cheers Rob, I think we’re going back next week so will take a look at the Wakerley side as well.

Strike, we noticed loads of logs and stuff placed across the trails which we had to move. Not really sure why people are doing it as the blue skills loops aren’t even part of the main walking trails.

Jamie
    Free Member

The only thing that does concern me going forward are potential clashes with other users of the woods. I’ve already had a a few deathly stares from dog walkers on Sunday mornings, even though I’ve been courteous and slowed down….

I often go running round Wakerly, and used to bike round there before it was fashionable 😉

Annoyingly, they have cut the bike trail through my fav running routes, which I don’t plan on changing, so hopefully everyone can co-exist happily. As a bike rider I will not give any death stares….unless you’re overbiked.

_tom_
    Free Member

^I was riding it on my Bullit with Boxxers yesterday 😳

Jamie
    Free Member

*Stares at Tom*

strike
    Free Member

I really hope we can all co-exist in peace! And for every bad stare/moody look, there have been many more friendly exchanges with walkers, etc. I’ve also spoken to the warden for Wakerley as well, and she was pleasent too.

Does anyone know anything about the new Wakerley trail building/maintenance group that has been formed? I saw a poster for it in the cafe at Top Lodge, but can’t remember the details!

colournoise

Is it this lot?

http://wakerleywheelers.webs.com/

slainte ❓ rob

colournoise

Also, never had an issue with (dog) walkers in Wakerley. All those I’ve (not literally) bumped into have been polite and friendly.

slainte 🙂 rob

luckypierre
    Free Member

The trail will remain porridge until spring and is extra hard work on a mini dh bike. I take out my dogs in the woods daily as I live a short walk from Wakerley and one thing that concerns me is how churned up and slippery the footpaths are getting. I think the FC should have built separate cycle/footpaths. I think the trail is signed as a shared trail so cyclists don’t have priority. I see there are some nice new additions to the trails near Laxton Hall. I rode the hidden trail (located above the switchbacks) as a downhill last weekend. A bit narrow and twisty so I added a few modifications to make the descent easier. Its still not a particulary fast run down but spices up a pretty flat XC course… it is used as an ascent so keep a close look out for oncoming traffic. I still haven’t found out if the FC is planning anymore trail building.

colournoise

Some further building has gone on. Still more to do by the looks of it.

Haven’t been since it started raining but imagine it’s back to like riding through glue again (after it had just started to dry out).

slainte 🙁 rob

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Scartree Trail – Wakerley Woods Northants’ is closed to new replies.