Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Scandal vs Inbred
  • Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

One of the best things about my inbred 29er ss is it’s really light compared to anything else I’ve ridden. It’s got the carbon fork which helps I guess, as well as no gear changing stuff. I’m not fit enough to ride it all the time, but for flat-ish places I’m faster than my mates on their suspensioned geared bikes, and it’s good fun too. Makes you think about your riding and probably improves technique.

Question is, would it be lighter/more fun/better looking if I swap the frame for the new slot dropout scandal? Anyone got the frame weights to hand? I’ve gone off the ‘sand’ colour of the Inbred, matt black looks pimp though.
    Cheers
    Gareth

zaskar
    Free Member

I thought the Scandal was racing machine?

brant
    Free Member

Scandal will be about 1.5lb (or maybe more) lighter. Same geometry.

Woody
    Free Member

Lighter – as Brant says + smaller wheels ‘should’ be lighter

More fun – only you can answer that

Better looking – beauty is in the eye of the beholder

If you want a new bike, go and buy it – you don’t have to try and justify a purchase with silly weight/looks questions you know 😉

BlingBling
    Free Member

“One of the best things about my inbred 29er ss is it’s really light compared to anything else I’ve ridden”

Is it April 1st already??

brant
    Free Member

Woody – we do a 29in Slot Drop Scandal

Oh hang on – it’s not “we” anymore. I mean “they”… (still feels odd).

Lanesra
    Free Member

Brant, silly question (maybe) but what’s the difference between the crc stocked Inbred and the On-One (stocked) Inbred apart from the fact that the CRC one is £45 cheaper

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=22841

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Not_Sliding_Dropout_31.html

jfeb
    Free Member

I have a geared Scandal 29er that I use for normal trail riding, rather than racing, and it is great. It doesn’t feel particularly “racy” to me unless by “racy” you mean light and fast. Mine has coped fine with the limited abuse I give it – small drops etc

andyh2
    Free Member

I had a slidey steel rigd 29er loved it, sold it and got Scandal 29er because it’s lighter. I preferred the feel of the steel frame and having sold the Scandal have just got a steel slot dropout one. The ‘feel’ thing might well be all in my mind and I don’t know I’d pass a blind back to back test, but I’d say see if you can get a ride on a Scandal 29er before making the swap.

Completely agree about the ‘sand’ colour though I’m going to get mine resprayed before I build it up, in certain lights it takes on a greeny bile tinge!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Scandal vs Inbred’ is closed to new replies.