Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Scandal V2 – Raw or Ano Black
  • dnc29
    Free Member

Ok so finally made up my mind to buy an On One Scandal 29er V2

Just thinking about which to order, Raw or Ano Black?????

I already have a Rockshox Reba which is white!

Which one??????
    Any photos???????

YoKaiser
    Free Member
    nbt

Ano black is the way to go

ScandAl by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

miketually
    Free Member

I love Jez Andrews’ Scandal. He got the raw, but then had it repainted (along with an On-One carbon fork). There’re pics on his blog. He’s got the ss dropouts on it now, so it looks even better, with no tensioner.

That’s a bit too bling for me though, I’d get the raw. I’d love a properly-raw Scandal frame; one day I’ll get hold of one and get it sandblasted.

sandwicheater

Just purchased my Scandal last week in raw as thought it would look ace with white forks.

bentudder

v2 sc by bent udder, on Flickr

There is a saddle there – it’s just hiding. The Kenda Nevegal on the front will be swapped for a Nobby Nic or something similar when I have the time and inclination.

The Thomson post / On One stem combo is the same as Jez’ – On One were selling the post for £40, from memory. Well worth it.

I love Raw, but it was £50 more at the time. easier to Dremel off the surplus cable guides, too. There are a lot of cable and hose guides, and they’re a bit ugly, but I can live with them – the bike rides really well.

mud seems difficult to scrub off the black ano, if you’re utterly anal about bike hygiene.

PS: it appears white forks on Scandal V2s are THE LAW, doesn’t it? 😉

PPS: NBT – many thanks for the advice on just getting a Scandal you gave me ages and ages ago. You were right.

cp

I’ve got a raw patiently waiting a build in a box… it looks really nice in the flesh… and it will have white rebas 🙂

Are you folk with rebas running them at 100mm?

dnc29
    Free Member

Planning on running the Reba’s at 100mm.

Still not sure, I was leaning towards the Ano Black but then again the raw does look really good, although I haven’t seen one in the flesh!!

proflexforever
    Free Member

RAW…all day long

bentudder

White Rebas at 100mm, preferably 15 thru axle. Raw frame. Or Black ano. 🙂

Other build stuff:

Reba RLTs 15mm t/a

Hope Pick ‘n Mix headset

Crank Bros Cobalt bars (I know, I know, all their other stuff breaks. How difficult can a pair of bars be to ma… Oh.)

Deore brakes, Formula K18 rotors

Hope Hoops with Stans Crests

Thomson post

Charge saddle

ESI grips

Deore crankset

On-one ring and sprocket (32:18)

SRAM PC1 silver chain

Salsa Flip off rear QR

On-one tug

I think that’s it. I went tubeless, already had the tyres, tape and goop. I’m going to go 10mm thru axle on the rear with a Surly Tugnutt when I get round to it. Probably doesn’t need it, but I can probably crank down on the 10mm and keep it a bit snugger. I’m pretty chuffed that I got it all together for a shade over a grand plus a few randoms from the shed. There’s nothing rubbish in there (apart from the bars – let’s see, eh?) and it rides beautifully.

bentudder

oops.

jezandu
    Free Member

Thanks for the kind comments Miketually! 😳 Its even odder seeing a pic of me holding my frame in the raw before painted it proflexforever!

Anyway, the raw finish is just that. It’s not polished or pretty as such. Mine had a rough finish to it but that’s what I expected. However, you never need to worry if you come off and scratch it you won’t notice the damage. Looks wise it’ll work with most coloured forks or silver/black finishing kit. And if you get bored of it, it’s ready to paint as I did with mine for that extra bit of individuality!

bentudder

Jez, your frame looks smashing – a really nice finish!

Out of interest, has anyone stripped or repainted an anodised frame? I’m curious as to whether it’s possible.

wwaswas

If you’re looking for Rebas then je james have tapered/15mm axle RLT’s for £280.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Raw frame here. Still dithering over build though.

andyrm
    Free Member

One of my mates has the ano black – looks stunning 🙂

davewilson634
    Free Member

Raw here very nice finish

jasonm945
    Free Member

Black White and Red all over… and still dirty!

wwaswas

brave choice of background 😉

feisty
    Free Member

Raw defo

I have a black 26er which is nice but the raw 29er is much nicer especially with white forks. The finish is like brushed stainless steel.

I have red hope everything formula rx brakes reba rlts and she is a pretty thing

Black needs a lighter accent colour like gold which is what I did on my 26er (excuse the pedals they are on for my Mrs to use it)

feisty
    Free Member

Oh and file the captive nuts on the dropouts down by 1mm as they are too long so the swapout dropout can’t be tightened enough so can creak.

dnc29
    Free Member

Think i’m going to order the raw finish and hope it looks good
    Plan is white Reba RTL’s
    Already have
    XT 1×9 transmission
    Hope mini mono pro brakes – gun grey
    Thomson post – black
    Fizik gobi – black
    3T stem and bars

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Scandal V2 – Raw or Ano Black’ is closed to new replies.