Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scale 920 or Superfly 9.8?
  • Gutterball
    Free Member

I hate to post a ‘what bike’ thread, but does anyone have experience of both these bikes? Looking to pull the trigger on a carbon 29er for long distance, duathlons and a bit of racing. It’ll be my only bike.

Apart from the Trek looking a bit longer and lower for a given size, they look pretty eeksy-peeksy (I think I’d get the X1 Superfly). I don’t really fancy the wheels on either, and would probably upgrade ASAP to Crest/Arch.

There’s plenty of dealers for both locally (Glasgow) but if anyone knows where I can get a proper shot of either that’d be great. Alternatively, it’d be nice to hear from anyone who’s plumped for one over the other, and what size you went for.

Currently 1-0 to the Scott, having won the ‘not being gopping’ round convincingly.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got a Superfly. Bought a 9.8, but actually changed everything except frame and fork.

I love it, ended up light (19.2lbs), it’s fast, comfy.

I’ve got an 18.5″ frame, at 5’10”, size seems fine.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Superfly 9.6 owner. Very capable bike, I’d quite like a FS for the more fun days but the superfly handles everything with ease that I ride so can’t justify it.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Love my superfly.

ernie

Or Cannondale Flash (lighter than Njees)

njee20
    Free Member

Significantly more expensive too 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Scale 920 or Superfly 9.8?’ is closed to new replies.