Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scafell Pike
  • paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Route from the top? Anyone done it? Also, any recommended mega-death descents into Langdale?

Thanks!

lowey

A bike on top of Scafell pike would be a waste of time IMO.

Rossett Ghyll into Langdale from Angle Tarn would meet your criteria of mega-death.

willy
    Free Member

gotta agree with lowey the top aint rideable, ive ridden a long way up but not right to the top, the top section between the summit and the little saddleback between the summit and broag crag is pretty unrideable, but the rest of it is! well sort of… im guessing you just want to go to the top with the bike cos you can kinda thing, thats what i was like but the weather was against me and i had a dh bike.. i rode up from styhead and that as a decent would be excellent! i rode over the bridleway just North of Esk Hause and down to angle tarn, and down rossett gill… from esk hause to the top of rossett gill it was all good, very well surfaced path for walked almost paved/steps.. but the bit which switchbacks down rossett gill is very hard, i managed some of that but a good chunk unrideable snapped my gear cable on it and that was a dh bike… once that track straightens out again its all good! but i would reccomend going down to styhead then either to wasdale or seathwaite both good decents!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Done it years ago in the pre suspension days of dayglow frame pads. Can't say I'd recommend it as the top is basically a large ankle snapping slag heap. The descent from Broad Stand down Brown Tongue was memorable though 🙂

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Cool, I've been telling my housemate that all night, but was only 90% sure there wasn't a route off. What about the Corridor descent? I ran down that in a race once and was surfing a wave of rock most of the way down!

I'm taking a DH bike BTW, looking for a good climb followed by good descents starting from Langdale, so any of the hills around Scafell Pike are options if anyone can recommend anything?

Cheers

freeridenick
    Free Member

Rossett Ghyll – Langdale
    Stakes pass – Langdale

inbred853

Did it a few years ago with 3 of my mates, basically carried the bikes all the way up and then rode down. Not to familiar with the names of the routes, but I know one of the lads took pics, so I might be able to get some and post them on here.
    I remember we rode down about 95% of the way, so it was worth the initial struggle on the way up. Bike I used at that time was a basic Merlin model with Magura Thor suspension, scary at the time, but a big grin factor when we looked back and saw what we had come down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scafell Pike’ is closed to new replies.