Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SC Blur – what year is this?
  • Burts
    Free Member

Friend is looking for a bike and saw this. Looks to be a couple of years old to me at least, can anyone add more detail?

Its going for about £1k. It might be in very good condition etc, but personally I think that kind of money would be better invested in something more recent, even if its not top of the range bling.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

2006, it was top of the range bling then
    £1k is pushing it, £800 tops

munkyboy
    Free Member

Check the serial number for the age, I think it will end with an 04 or 05 or some such

Watch for any bearing play as a new propack and fitting would fairly bump up the price

Russell96

Is that even a pic of a UK bike? front brake looks to be the US style on the left hand side.

Looks a later model 2005 onwards perhaps, note no V brake mounts on the swingarm, can’t tell if its the upgraded swingarm with the increased tyre clearance thou.

willej

I agree, reckon that’s an 2004 or 2005. It’s identical to my 2003 Blur, except mine had a Fox Float AVA shock and removable cantilever bosses. If your friend decides to go for it make sure they check the bearings (including removing the shock from the front mount and cycling the rear triangle through it’s travel and feeling/listening for rough spots) before handing over any cash. Mine went through bearings at a rate of knots, at around £100 a set including fitting, hence it got sold!

Burts
    Free Member

Russell96 – very astute, we’re in Canada.

Seems to be even older than I realised. Thanks for the info.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SC Blur – what year is this?’ is closed to new replies.