Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Savoury Snacks
  • hairylegs
    Free Member

Anyone else gets fed up with constantly eating sweet stuff whilst on the bike? I quite often want something savoury which isn’t a problem for food that you know you’re going to eat on the day – sarnies, home made rice cakes etc tick the boxes here

I’m particularly thinking about the stuff that we pack as emergency “get me through type stuff” that you don’t necessarily plan to eat. Gels and energy bars are conveniently wrapped but don’t fulfil the craving for something savoury.

What do you pack that’s got a reasonable shelf life and is quite robustly packaged that ticks the savoury box?

bearnecessities

🙂

hairylegs
    Free Member

LOL…. was thinking of something a little more wholesome than shredded pigs arse 🙂

ton

jiffy bag of olives.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

bearnecessities

Now we all know that a pork pie in the house, garage or saddle-bag cannot be simply ‘stored’ and ignored.

bigblackshed

Biltong? Baby Bel or other small trickle cheese?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

50g packs of Mini Cheddars. 10p a bag if you know the right person, but you have to buy a boxful at once. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Now we all know that a pork pie in the house, garage or saddle-bag cannot be simply ‘stored’ and ignored.

Valid.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Twiglets and mini cheddars.. mixed together.
    Those double crunch marmite nuts..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sliced chorizo, those wee packs of individual strong cheddar, boiled eggs, scotch eggs, samosas, sausage rolls, crackers and cheese, oatcakes and pate….

You need a bit of imagination!.

mattyfez

Find local farm shop, purchase nice pork pies.

I keep a bag of cashew nuts and two or three gels for emergency. But I’ve not needed to dip into them for months…intact the pack of cashew nuts has been compressed at the bottom of my bag, so it’s more of a cashew bar!

mattyfez

Also if anyone knows where I can buy the hot peperami (the ones in the black wrappers) it would be much appreciated!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Find local farm shop, purchase nice pork pies.

Pork pies come from a butcher. Ideally a butcher in Melton Mowbray, but definitely a butcher. Not a farm shop.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Oatcakes with peanut butter and marmite
    Clearspring do some really nice savoury snacks http://www.clearspring.co.uk/collections/organic-roasted-seed-snacks
    I think Clif do savoury bars/gels

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

And pretzels – M and S do little bags of mini pretzels which fit nicely into a jersey pocket

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

Jerky or billtong

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Savoury Snacks’ is closed to new replies.