Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Sausages.
  • belgianbob

I'd just like to point out that the Volkswagen sausage (it's a frankfurter, I believe) is utterly delicious.
    Sadly, I'm told it's unavailable by 'normal means' in this country, despite having a VW part code. It's almost certainly worth sourcing for yourself though, as it's the best barbecue food I've had in a long time.

That is all.
    I'm not German or anything, by the way.

Jamie
    Free Member

Can I take this opportunity to also recommend the Vauxhall Gammon Steak.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I like sausages

cynic-al
    Free Member

I ate some Volvo 1969 raw breakfast meat the other day. Tasted great.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I like sausages

Have I fixed it? 🙂

belgianbob

Have I fixed it?

Not necessarily. I still like banana milkshakes and mackerel pate on toast, but only in the gym or at bedtime.
    Sausages are for grilling in the garden.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Have I fixed it?

well, I like my sausage…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sausages are for grilling in the garden.

And then taking inside and enjoying with a milkshake….wazza-banana flavoured of course.

uplink
    Free Member

I did some work in a VW factory last year & the sausages in the canteen were indeed very good

belgianbob

And then taking inside and enjoying with a milkshake….wazza-banana flavoured of course.

Steady now… What Mrs B and I get up to in the privacy of our own bikeshed home will remain unspoken 😉

findo_gask
    Free Member

I once caught botulism from a landrover fritter.

belgianbob

landrover fritter.

Priceless! I'll remember to give them a wide berth.

Vauxhall Gammon Steak.

Used to have those every thursday when I was a kid, with a Morris pineapple ring and Renault peas. That was my favourite supper in 1978.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Surprisingly good despite looking like a turd.

belgianbob

Cumberland ring *snigger*

scaredypants

brief (and apprhensive) googling suggests that the VW sausage is curry-flavoured

Bob, You're far worse than I thought

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Have spent a bit of time in Bavaria with work, I was getting into Bavarian breakfast – weiss wurst, mustard, prezl and weiss beer. Don't eat more than two of the sausages because they seem to upset your insides a bit.

findo_gask
    Free Member

😯

Were they cooked by Haze (cf. "Eggs" thread)?

khani
    Free Member

i had a lancia burger once
    but it rained on the way home and it fell to bits before i could cook it

IanMunro
    Free Member

I love sausages, but I don't really get the German ones.
    The meat just seems overly ground up. I like bits in my sausages, I don't like to contemplate too much what the bits are, but I do like a bit of texture.
    I ordered a sausage salad last week, not knowing what to expect, but assuming it would be some nice cold sliced meats. Won't make that mistake again 🙂

belgianbob

@ khani: Winner! I'll be sending a prize of a half pack of hob-nobs your way by carrier pigeon (if he doesn't eat it)

brief (and apprhensive) googling suggests that the VW sausage is curry-flavoured

Yeah, that's what I discovered, but actually German curry must be completely different to the stuff we eat, cos it tasted NOTHING like curry, but still very tasty indeed.

Oh, and I probably am worse than you thought. I used to ride fixed gear off-road in my teens.

belgianbob

That bavarian brekkie looks very nice, but are you sure it's the sausages that are upsetting your stomach and not the litre of hefeweissebier and dollops of mustard FOR BREAKFAST?
    😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Sausages.’ is closed to new replies.