• This topic has 26 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by toab.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Saturday ride, where did you go?
  • malchales
    Free Member

Wow what fantastic weather we had on the South Downs got the Anthem X1 out and done a ride from High salvington to Paching woods-Angemering woods-SDW-Washington woods-Wiston Bostol and then up to SDW and home via Cissburry 3 1/2 hrs. Made muckoff 8 look hard work…….. which it was!

pjt201
    Free Member

3 laps of the SSEC course in the forest of dean. Was about 3hrs of racing for me (including beer stops).

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

A nice 40 mile route on the Hants/ Berks/ Wilts borders which included Combe Gibet and then over to Collingbourne Woods. No pub stops but a trip to A&E after to get a lacerated leg patched up after an over the handlebars off through a barbed wire fence. 😳

malchales
    Free Member

Cant wait til tuesday eve now, riding straight from work (shoreham airport) up toTruleigh hill via the river trail and home via the SDW and some ST thrown in too then back to cissbury then home.Yippee

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Saturday: An out an back from Pangbourne (didn't have a map so just took thr bridleways heading as straight as possible north, then back south)

Sunday: Swinley, including the ride there and back after last weekends debacle with the trains. Anoyingly this left me with only about 40minutes of riding before I was knackered and had to get home on the calories form a Mars abr.

ollie
    Free Member

I started in Cynwyd, went over the Wayfarer into Llanarmon dyffryn ceiriog, back up to ceiriog forest, Had lunch by the river in Llangollen then over the Horseshoe pass and into Llandegla before riding home to Wrexham.
    Great weather and a great ride. It was nice to tag along with another small group for part of the ride and have some company.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Thursday local stuff.

Friday Cannock chase.

Saturday Cannock chase again. Nice and dry'n dusty.

Saturday late afternoon beer garden. 😀

not me but trails ridden @ Makara Peak, Wellington, N.Z. on Sat

malchales
    Free Member

Yep, my riding companion said he could see dust coming up from my rear RRs thats always good to hear, loverly riding conditions,pluss i did`nt have to wash my bike when i got back!

Mister-P
    Free Member

I did a leisurely few miles on a disused railway line with my daughter in her trailer over at Stanwick Lakes. Nothing gnarly for me this weekend but very enjoyable in the sunshine.

Kevevs
    Free Member

ASDA carpark

devs
    Free Member

Sat: Golspie.

Sun; Local after hangover cleared up.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Saturday – To the shops

Sunday – Birkrigg common.

Well good weather

clubber
    Free Member

Two laps of the SSEC course
    Some bike throwing
    Some cheese eating
    Some beer eating
    Some shivering in a freezing cold tent

backhander
    Free Member

I started in Cynwyd, went over the Wayfarer into Llanarmon dyffryn ceiriog, back up to ceiriog forest, Had lunch by the river in Llangollen then over the Horseshoe pass and into Llandegla before riding home to Wrexham.

Easy for you to say 😀
    Friday PM, whites level @ afan
    Saturday PM, pleasant 18 miles along the bristol/bath cycletrack with the mrs
    Sunday AM, Twrch trail @ Cwmcarn with a couple of laps of the freeride at the top.
    Lovely.

Dancake
    Free Member

RIDE? on a Saturday??? thats crazy talk

ok it is for me 🙁

GlennG
    Free Member

Didnt ride sat but had a blinder of a ride on sunday, rode all the local cheeky singletrack (brighton) for a good four hours, just looping bits of trail together, dry and dusty, lots of predictable slides, trying to keep up with faster mates and succeeding, the best days riding this year, was about the 10th ride on my new Soul and prior to sunday was feeling a little disappointed with it, but sunday it all just came together and the bike rocked, still got a massive big cheesy grin on my face.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Sunday for me . . .

Dudley to Dudley via Sedgley/Baggeridge/Wombourne/Lower Penn/Seisdon/Swindon golf club/Kford.

Just trying to get myself fit before I ride regular again with the real men.

2.5 hrs, . . . It killed!

davidjgrant
    Free Member

The Beast at Coed y Brenin

will
    Free Member

Saturday – Wharncliffe Woods = http://www.vimeo.com/11008716

Sunday – Handchurch Woods (Midland XC Round 1)

piha
    Free Member

Sat- Looped a few trails up between Guildford and Dorking on the North Downs Way.
    Sun- More of the same.
    Great weather made it, lets have more weekends like it!

Paceman
    Free Member

The Beast – Coed-Y-Brenin 8)

singletracksurfer

sat: looked after kids all day to earn the brownie points for sunday (got sunburnt)
    sun: 100km around the chilterns (off-road), got sunburnt some more

ntreid
    Free Member

Saturday afternoon – 4 hours in The Chilterns, Ridgeway/Icknield Way past Watlington, turned east at the M40, into Wormsley Park, up to Christmas Common, Oxfordshire Way to Pishill & Maidensgrove, Chiltern Way back home. 4 hours, some fantastic riding, and a short nap outside a church to top it off.

andycs

the beast on sat mbr sun

mogrim

Long road ride in Extremadura, Spain – kept me out of the mother-in-law's house for 6.5 hours 🙂

Sounds like the weather was better in the UK, I got rained on. No dust here!

toab
    Free Member

Auditing the council's new cycle routes on my roadie with the local cycle campaign.

Did you know cyclists can see signs that are only 4 inches square, on an overgrown lamp post, on the wrong side of the road, covered in grafitti?

Never mind, maybe a proper ride next week…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Saturday ride, where did you go?’ is closed to new replies.