Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Satsumas, Clemetines etc from the supermarket
  • jools182
    Free Member

Why are they all rubbish?

About half the time they are dry and fibrous inside with no flavour at all

Tangerines seem to be a safer bet but they are hardly ever in stock

annebr
    Free Member

cos supermarkets generally sell shit fruit and veg :\

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve had good ones so far this winter (Tesco)

flybywire
    Free Member

a couple of weeks ago local Budgens had boxes of satsumas (about 25-30 in a box) – delicious. from Spain, can’t recall the grower.

zilog6128

had some from Morrisons that were a bit hit and miss, got a few boxes over Christmas from Aldi and they were all really nice!

razorrazoo

Clementines tend to be better than satsumas. Most I’ve had this year have been more hit than miss.

stumpy01

Yep, all orange varieties seem to be hit and miss. Puts me off buying them. You get a nice batch and think ‘ooooh, I’ll have some more of them’ and the next ones are dry with really thick skins and tons of pips.
    Not noticed it as bad this year though, yet.

dux
    Free Member

Just picked up some more clementines from Morrisons, now back on the buy one get one free deal. Two bags for a pound, 7 per bag. Been good quality every time.

bhmartin
    Free Member

Here in Spain it is Mandarin picking time and is a good year for them.Problem is in the u,k they only want a certain size so probably 75% of what we grow would not meet your criteria.Price this year is quite good at about 25p a kilo!Oranges fetch about the same price but have far more flavour as they are said to be too big.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Aldi’s citrus fruits have been awful (I am an Aldi fan) Tesco is where we get ours from.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I bought a box of clems from LIDL this morning; they’re half gone already.
    Juicy!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Satsumas, Clemetines etc from the supermarket’ is closed to new replies.