Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Satmap Users – Your help needed!
  • nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Hello all!

I’m having this problem whereby 10 miles or so into my ride it seems like the map on the SD card disappears. The map and route are still showing as active but only the base map is available. Any ideas?
    Cheers

epicyclo

I think it’s a MicroSoft software device, so that explains it all.

I got fed up of mine. Brilliant when it was behaving, but constantly freezing or acting in non rational ways.

Use OS maps on my iPhone now.

pennine
    Free Member

Daft question: Could be you are ‘off the map’ whereby Satmap defaults to the basic map. You can check the area covered by your SD card on their website. Where are you?

BoomBip
    Free Member

Only ever had that happen after a boneshaker of a descent or ‘graceful dismount’ and assumed the SD card temporarily lost connection.

Taking the SD card out and reseating it (clicking it out, waiting a couple of seconds then clicking back in) always works for me.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

@penine, I wondered that myself. Today’s ride did take me close to the border but nowhere near over it as far as I can see. I then wondered if it was because I was on street view which may not work as well in the countryside. But either way I still couldn’t retrieve the maps. It was like it still needed to load

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Satmap Users – Your help needed!’ is closed to new replies.