Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Sat nav's
  • marcus
    Free Member

Right – I have decided to give up with my knackered 1990’s road atlas and print outs from google maps and buy one of these new fangled satelite navigation systems. I had a quick look on t’internet last night and bloody hell there are millions of them.

I dont want to be able to watch TV, surf the net or have it make a cup of coffee – just tell me which way to go !11 Having said that the ability to link to the mobile as a hands free kit sounds like it could save me money / points.

Soooo – which ones best !!

Oh Europe mapping as well.

Ta

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Good deals can be had on the Garmin Edge 705 now the the 800 is out.

Edit: Ignore post, thought you were on about bikey ones. 😳

tthew

I bought a basic tom tom from Amazon, with euro mapping for 90 notes recently. Is OK and you get one free map update early doors so it’s up to date from new without extra expense. Doesn’t do the hands free thing though.

ebuyer also sell some bargin brands pretty cheap, and Halfords often have offers on. HTH.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

TomTom One does it for me, but they don’t seem to make it anymore. Nice clear mapping, not too big, easy to use etc.

Equivalent now – Halfords cheap TomTom

monkey_boy
    Free Member

halfords have a massive sale on at the mo, there was a £75 one in there yesterday with european maps. have no idea of model

xcgb
    Free Member

Yeah I am looking at this too, mainly for use by a technophobe missus as i like to use maps still!

I have been Told Tom Toms are easier to use but that may be out of date by now..

toys19
    Free Member

Get one with your phone? I have 3 types of sat nav on my HTC Desire HD, very happy with how they work.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Been using Garmin Nuvi system for last few years, never had a complaint. Nice size screen, easy to use menu etc.

xcgb
    Free Member

So what is wrong with one of these then? what do you get spending more?

Ah its a recon one still……

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Google Navigation (free) and CoPilot (£30 or so plus euro maps) on my HTC.

Advantage being that I can google stuff if I need to – like what to do if I am at the petrol station and the petrol cap release isn’t working…

ransos
    Free Member

I used Google Nav on my HTC for the first time yesterday – I was really impressed with it.

I have a Tom Tom Go 550 (I think) which is UK, but the 750 (I think) has Europe.

It has a nice wide screen and does handsfree via bluetooth – it imports your phone book, so you get that up on screen, with a nice big keypad for dialling too.

It also has Live Traffic, which although not 100% reliable due to the information it receives, has saved me from some big motorway jams by sending me round. It also has Google, which you shouldn’t dismiss as a gimmick. You type in the city or town you want, or just ask it to search nearby and put in a business name for example, which it will find – you then get details of the business and the option to navigate there, or call them – I find it very handy.

I have navigation on my Desire HD and find it a PITA compared to my Tom Tom.

Stuey01
    Free Member

I like my Garmin Nuvi. I paid extra for the widescreen model, but probably would have been fine with the normal screen.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I like to have both Google Nav and CoPilot running on my HTC and listen to them argue it out about which way to go when I come to a junction 🙂

Cougar

As a standalone unit, nothing touches the TomTom for car navigation IMHO.

At £15 for CoPilot for Android, however, I’m more than content with second best.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Satnaveasy is the place to go… very cheap and good serice 🙂

For the warranty/support alone we went with Garmin, and it’s been perfect

br
    Free Member

Having said that the ability to link to the mobile as a hands free kit sounds like it could save me money / points.

tbh I rarely need the functionality, but when I do I use an app on my mobile – maybe upgrade your phone, and buy a bluetooth adaptor?

marcus
    Free Member

Thanks for the help guys. Sounds like garmin or Tom Tom. Biggest problem is going to be finding somewhere to put in the screen of a defender without creating another blind spot.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Sat nav's’ is closed to new replies.