Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Sasha Involv3r
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just a heads up. If you originally dismissed this album, give it another go. Have listened to it about six or seven times over the last couple of days. It’s brilliant. Even sounds good in mono.

kimbers

ive always rated it, great albums

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

ive always rated it

I don’t think I gave it a good enough go first time around. But FML, best thing I’ve listened to for a long time.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I posted about this months ago on here – can’t remember what the OP’s thread was about – and appeared to get no response from the STW hive whatsoever.

It’s a great album! 😀

egb81
    Free Member

The first Involver was amazing, the second was meh, the third is decent but hardly life altering.

dlr

Him and Digweed two of my all time favs…

jameso

1st and 2nd is excellent I think, will look up the 3rd. Ohmna/Arkham Asylum 12″ is good also.

jameso

.. just felt the urge to dig out Airdrawn Dagger, not had that on in ages.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

.. just felt the urge to dig out Airdrawn Dagger, not had that on in ages.

Now that always raises a smile when it pops up on my iPod while riding..
    Bloodlock is a favourite..

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Mid 2000’s Essential Mix he did using Ableton worth a listen.

This:

Mister-P
    Free Member

Airdrawn Dagger is a corker, that’s my listening this evening sorted. Cheers James.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Cheers for some more listening inspiration.

Here’s my gift to you all.

Absolute CHOW-N

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qW9-s3ITbU[/video]

dlr

hmm completely oblivious to soundcloud but a quick look through shows TONS of music. Presume it’s mostly questionable but like youtube, will stay up until taken down? Time to stream away…

theflatboy
    Free Member

Are you all aware he has a new project coming out soon on Late Night Tales – looking forward to it:

Sasha: Scene Delete

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up.

Currently got this on

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbPfKBhRXA4[/video]

theflatboy
    Free Member

I’ve just pre-ordered the Sasha release, sounds like it might arrive any day on the pre-order. I will let you know my thoughts when it gets here.

Mooly
    Free Member

Involv3r is amazing. In fact, they are three of the best Mixed albums ever especially when yo realize how they are made.
    On another note if you like the Involver series have you tuned into the Andrew Weatherall masterpeice mixes.
    Cant wait from the scene delete series. Sounds epic…

egb81
    Free Member

That Last Night on Earth Mix is ace, cheers for the heads up on that.

For innovative mixes, albeit much more on a techno tip, the Richie Hawtin DE9 mixes are incredible. DE9 Transitions has ~500 tracks chopped up into one mix!

Mooly
    Free Member

Scene delete on vinyl playing now. Seriously unbelievable.

dannybgoode

And let’s not forget the first Renaissance mix by Sasha and John Digweed. Pretty much the perfect set of house mixes. Available on Deezer I was delighted to discover.

Just lovely.

And yes Involv3r is pretty dammed good too

al2000

Never really been a fan of Sasha’s original productions, although as a DJ (epsecially in the early to mid 90’s) he was peerless. He is a superb remixer though, Creative Thieves, Jomanda and Hysterix spring to mind among many others.

Was listening to this at work this week, still stands up (in the main).

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3AmIFOfsPA[/video]

somafunk

I got Sasha : Scene Delete through the post this morning and i’ve been listening to the mix this afternoon at work, very good mix. I also listened to it t’night on a bike run round the Carrick coastline paths (near gatehouse of fleet) as the sun went down – A brilliant mix for this sort of run – very chilled to listen to as i sat on the beach and watched the sun disappear.

Gonna check out the individual tracks later t’night – looking forward to a headphone session wi a glass of Whisky.

As per the mixes recommended above : Check out Joris Voorn – Balance #14 – utterly sublime mix and one of the best ever (according to me).

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Sasha Involv3r’ is closed to new replies.